• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Toronto Gaming Con - Pandemonium XXIV

Pandemonium XXIV - Are you going/interested?

• I live locally, and I'm going!

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • I live locally, and am interested in going. Don't know.

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • I live locally, and am NOT interested in going.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • I don't live locally, but I'm still going!

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I don't live locally, but I'm interested in going!

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • I don't live locally, but would one day check it out.

Votes: 16 41.0%

Imagicka

Explorer
Greetings...

For those of you in or near the Greater Toronto Area, with nothing to do February 23rd, 24th & 25th.

I would like to invite you all to check out Pandemonium XXIV. An annual gaming convention here in Scarborough (part of the GTA).

The gaming convention is brought to us by Realmsquest and the Toronto Role Playing Association.

Check out the website... see what we have to offer...

You can get a list of the games listed in PDF here.

Feel free to comment, especially if you have an opinion on the matter...
Let me know if your interested in going, or why your not interested in going...

Last edited:

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Imagicka said:
Check out the website... see what we have to offer...
Feel free to comment, especially if you have an opinion on the matter...
Let me know if your interested in going, or why your not interested in going...

Actually, I'd love to go. Never been to a con of any type before. Unfortunately the website's a little sparse on the info side of things. What is the "convention rate" at the hotel? What games are actually being run? I keep getting: "stay tuned for more information" on most of the pages.

I need to know what's happening there, and how much it'll cost overall before I make a decision.

Imagicka

Explorer
Shadowslayer said:
Actually, I'd love to go. Never been to a con of any type before. Unfortunately the website's a little sparse on the info side of things. What is the "convention rate" at the hotel? What games are actually being run? I keep getting: "stay tuned for more information" on most of the pages.

I need to know what's happening there, and how much it'll cost overall before I make a decision.
Yeah, looking at the website today, I was kinda unhappy that they don't have any information up.

I'll try and keep on top of this, and post more information as it becomes available.

Imagicka

Explorer
Greetings...

Steel_Wind said:
I'm going - but info on games and the auction is definitely necessary info to post to the site.
Hmm... then maybe I have met you, if you been to one before. I thought you might be one of those Toronto gamers that never goes to Panda.

And I'm certain everyone would be talking about your gaming setup.

I haven't heard anything about the Auction... but I'll try and keep everyone informed.

Shadowslayer

Explorer
Imagicka said:
Yeah, looking at the website today, I was kinda unhappy that they don't have any information up.

I'll try and keep on top of this, and post more information as it becomes available.

That'd be good. Less than 2 months to showtime isn't a lot of time for guys thinking of travelling. Is this a first-time con?

SWBaxter

First Post
Shadowslayer said:
That'd be good. Less than 2 months to showtime isn't a lot of time for guys thinking of travelling. Is this a first-time con?

From the subject line, I'm guessing it's a 24th-time con. I know that Pandemonium was around in the mid-90s, when I went to one, though at that time the RPG part was pretty tiny IIRC. Dunno if it's different now.

Steel_Wind

Legend
Pandemonium started in 1983 in the Ryerson Cafeteria. It has been around a helluva long time.

Before eBay, the auction (run by the General Staff) was easily one of the largest gaming auctions. Not quite Gencon (nothing is) but still extremely large and a great value.

Since e-bay, the auction is not what it was of course. Still - it has its moments and is still a great value.

The game list will go up in a week or three I imagine. The D&D open has always been large at Panda.

In the Mid-90s RPGs took a hit everywhere - it was the Age of M:TG at its height. TSR went bankrupt for a reason you know...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads