• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Totem Barb vs Moon Druid fight

CTurbo

Explorer
So who wins in a 1 on 1 fight to death between a 20 level Totem Barb(any) vs a 20 level Moon Druid. Any class, No feats, assume appropriate stats are maxed or at least point buy + 5 ASIs

Fight 1 both are well rested
Fight 2 both are coming off a short rest
Fight 3 neither have rested

Just curious as me and some guys at work were discussing this earlier. I think the Barb would win most fights, but I was the only one to give the Barb any win.

While we're here, is there any other class that would fair better? I ran some sims once and learned that a 20 lvl Barb would beat a 20 lvl Fighter most of the time, but don't remember any stats.

I think a 20 lvl Long Death Monk would be REALLY hard to kill if he used all Ki NOT dying, but I guess no more than the Moon Druid.

So who wins in a 1 on 1 fight to death between a 20 level Totem Barb(any) vs a 20 level Moon Druid. Any class, No feats, assume appropriate stats are maxed or at least point buy + 5 ASIs

Fight 1 both are well rested
Fight 2 both are coming off a short rest
Fight 3 neither have rested

Just curious as me and some guys at work were discussing this earlier. I think the Barb would win most fights, but I was the only one to give the Barb any win.
Are you just assuming that both combatants simply start within melee range of each other and to nothing more complex than make attack and damage rolls against each other?

The Moon Druid's ability to open the range and start throwing spells and summons at the Barbarian is going to be a major advantage in the first couple of fights.
Simply flying around high enough to force the barbarian to make ranged attacks at disadvantage while bombarding them with poop and lightning bolts would probably be an effective tactic.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
The length of this fight doesn’t bear thinking about with resistance and wild shape hit points it will be a mammoth combat. I think the druid would win and not just by a hare’s breadth but would soak up the lion’s share of damage. Yeah the Barbarian would badger away at the druid and might even do mastiff amounts of damage but it would take so long that it would be a bit of a boar.

It’s elemental. Druid wins for me. :)

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
True I forgot about beast spell and the casting functions of archdruid. In an area you can fly, no melee class would have a chance. If you can’t fly, use earth elemental form to hide in the ground.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Agreed. As long as the Druid can kite they win. And since they can fly, burrow, and switch forms to out-size grapple, this is probably always true. Stick the druid and barbarian in a 10'x10' burrow-proof room and then the barbarian can shine. Even there though it's not completely one-sided.

Spookykid

First Post
20th level champion, 4 attacks, 2 action surges, indomidable, resilent-wis, mage slayer, -5hit +10dam feat for your primary weapon. Use Greataxe or a bow if your worried about the druid flying.

jaelis

Oh this is where the title goes?
20th level champion, 4 attacks, 2 action surges, indomidable, resilent-wis, mage slayer, -5hit +10dam feat for your primary weapon. Use Greataxe or a bow if your worried about the druid flying.

You could literally shoot at the druid until you ran out of arrows, and you'd just keep killing wild shape forms.

Remove ads