Tournament of Champions CR .5 to 5 (Archive)

Gansk

Explorer
Ding Ding Ding

"After 5 rounds, this match is declared a draw."

"Please enjoy a brief intermission as we prepare for our alternate combatants."

Gansk

Explorer
“Making his way into the arena and starting at position 60N0E, this combatant measures 4 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has a record of three wins, one loss, and zero draws in the main battle, including two victories by complete death where he entered the Hall of Fame each time with his powerful swing. His only loss came to Neutral’s dangerous war pony! (snicker) Representing the forces of Lawful Neutral, please welcome the deep dwarf Krooooooooooooooondin!”

Krondin enters to the polite applause of the Lawful Neutral faction of the audience. He wears scale mail and has a heavy shield strapped to his back. His dwarven waraxe is at his side. Krondin wields a short bow in his two hands as he prepares for battle.

“Now making her way into the arena and starting at position 60N115E, this combatant measures 2 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 29 pounds. She is winless in the main battle, with a record of zero wins, one loss, and zero draws. Her only loss was to Neutral’s tall-fellow halfling, and she vows that sweet revenge will be hers if she ever faces a halfling again! Representing the forces of Chaotic Neutral, please welcome the uldra Oooooooooooooooooooolga!”

The hoots and hollers of the Chaotic Neutral faction would seem to be the reason that Olga the Uldra is sweating profusely, but she knows it is because the arena temperature is unbearable. Nevertheless, her blue skin complements her studded leather armor and pointy hat. She wears a heavy wooden shield on her back and a longsword at her side. She stares at the short bow in her hands and concentrates.

Psybo communicates telepathically to the two combatants. “OK you two, I’m not going to get fooled this time. I will assume that Chaotic Neutral will have the initiative unless told otherwise. That way I can start the combat properly.”

“Cue the music. Let’s get ready to rumbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull!”

Ding Ding! Round 1!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Olga comments loudly, "It's a good thing I cast speak with animals. That way, you'll be able to understand me, you filthy pig." She then takes a step forward to 60N110E and fires her shortbow at the dwarf, going for a called shot to the nuts.

"Oh wait. That's an insult to pigs everwhere." Olga then drops prone.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Ignoring her insults, knowing them to be a cover for her jealousy of his martial prowess, Krondin drops his bow (the coward's way out), and moves to 60N20E, taking out his shield, while attempting to dodge any arrows coming his way (total defense).

Gansk

Explorer
Psybo's thoughts are projected through the loudspeaker.

"Page 141 of the PHB section of the rules allows the dwarf's move. Any protests to the contrary can be taken up in the Shearing Pen. Fight on!"

Round 2!

Infiniti2000

First Post
Olga grumbles, "And I thought only CN was allowed to cheat."

She then stands up, takes a step toward the pig-faced dwarf to 60N105E, and fires another arrow.

Remove ads