• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tournament of Champions CR .5 to 5 (Archive)

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Huh, I wonder if this will last more than a single round this time. Hey Krusk do you have to fight me wounded tomorrow? If not then come drink with me tonight, I have some fine dreamberry wine. If you do have to fight wounded then it will help dull the pain. Bearclaw waves a wineskin invitingly.

Gansk

Explorer
(One week later).

“Ladies, gentlemen, and genderless creatures! Welcome to our first semifinal match of the CR .5 edition of the Tournament of Champions! This match features the best of the Chaotic Good forces against the best of the Chaotic Evil forces.”

“Making his way into the arena and starting at position 115N115E, this combatant measures 4 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 90 pounds. He has a record of two wins, one loss, and zero draws, including a victory over Lawful Evil’s wispling. Representing the forces of Chaotic Good, please welcome the wild elf Beeeeeeeeeeeearclaaaaaaaaaw!”

Wearing studded leather armor and a light shield strapped to his back, Bearclaw readies his longbow while his sword Two-Edge stays sheathed at his side.

“And now making his way into the arena and starting at position 0N115E, this combatant measures 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has an impressive record of six wins, one loss, and zero draws. His victories include the one last week over Lawful Good’s bhuka. Representing the forces of Chaotic Evil, please welcome the half-orc Kruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusk!”

Wearing studded leather armor and a javelin strapped to his back, Krusk wields his falchion in both hands.

Psybo communicates telepathically to the two combatants. “Bearclaw, you will go first unless I am told otherwise.”

“Let’s get ready to rumbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuull!”

Ding Ding! Round 1!

Gansk

Explorer
Krusk's armor saves him from certain death! (Rolled 12)

Krusk cleaves into Bearclaw! (Rolled 17) 9 points of damage!

Ding Ding Ding!

"The winner, by standard victory after 3 rounds, Kruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusk!"

"We will begin our second semifinal after a brief intermission. Please be on the lookout for our vendors walking throughout the stands - they have plenty of fried rat on a stick."

Remove ads