Tower of Adamant: New OGL game looking for feedback

vivsavage

Explorer
I see the undertones of Dungeon World and The One Ring in your system. It makes me wonder--are you sure that d20 is the type of system you want to accomplish your design goals--dramatic things happen at dramatic moments? Are you sure you wouldn't be better served by something that puts more narrative control in the hands of the players?

That being said, your system looks like fun and I would love to play. Have you thought about multi-classing at all? It's something that players will want.
Thanks for taking a look! Believe it or not, neither of those games was an influence. I started to designing the game before I had actually heard of Dungeon World. The game is really designed as what I always wanted from D&D: evocative classes that work differently depending on your race, magic systems that are entirely different from one another in both what they can do and how they work, the ability to 'amp up' dramatic potential at meaningful moments, roles that changed with circumstance, etc. I actually redesigned it to divest all vestiges of d20, but it wasn't what I wanted so I returned to d20. If you ever have an interest in play testing it, I would be delighted!

EDIT: I'm working on rules that will allow one class to use certain feats from other classes. That's as far as I got for multi-classing.

Panache

First Post
Well, if you haven't looked at those games, I recommend you do. Your weapon qualities and multi-classing effort look a lot like Dungeon World, while your guide and stalwart themes echo the traveling and hope/shadow systems in The One Ring.

vivsavage

Explorer
Well, if you haven't looked at those games, I recommend you do. Your weapon qualities and multi-classing effort look a lot like Dungeon World, while your guide and stalwart themes echo the traveling and hope/shadow systems in The One Ring.
I am actually reading Dungeon World and loving it! The One Ring is a game that I was a play tester on. I suppose TOR may have influenced me on an unconscious level; it is a terrific game and I love Tolkien!

Remove ads