TPK Your Entire Party

lukelightning

First Post
Deset Gled said:
I agree that this will not work because it is a ranged spell. However, IIRC, you can do a CDG with a Cure Light Wounds spell (since it requires a touch attack, it counts as a weapon like spell).

But it doesn't do damage.

werk

First Post
weiknarf said:
No. TPK means everybody dies. Your character would have to kill himself.

This is my point as well, TPK = total party kill. Saying TPK an entire party is redundant, and if it doesn't include your death, is redundantly incorrect.

That said, I also do not allow intra-party conflict IMC.

As your DM, I'd allow it simply because that's what you want to do. I'd let you kill the entire party without even rolling dice and let you handle the players.

lukelightning

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
then note that you'll have to hold the charge beforehand because CDG is a full round action.

Which is expected; while holding the charge you, as an Evil Cleric Villain, are suppose to spend a free action to gloat over your inevitable victory over the Forces of Good, culminating in a Classic Evil Belly Laugh which awakens the rest of the party.

Artoomis

First Post
Deset Gled said:
I agree that this will not work because it is a ranged spell. However, IIRC, you can do a CDG with a Cure Light Wounds spell (since it requires a touch attack, it counts as a weapon like spell).

"Weapon-like" spells cannot do EVERYTHING a weapon can, right? Are they SPECIFCALLY allowed to be used for a Coup de Grace? If not, I would not allow it as the rules are quite specific in Coup de Grace limtations.

BTW: INFLICT Light Wounds would be a better example for discussion.

Last edited:

irdeggman

First Post
lukelightning said:
Which is expected; while holding the charge you, as an Evil Cleric Villain, are suppose to spend a free action to gloat over your inevitable victory over the Forces of Good, culminating in a Classic Evil Belly Laugh which awakens the rest of the party.

Or better known as monologing. :lol:

lukelightning

First Post
Artoomis said:
CAUSE Light Wounds would be a better example for discussion.

Can't...resist...urge....to...nitpick....it's inflict light wounds now.

Of course, I still call it "cause light wounds" too. And a potion of CLW is still a "potion of healing" to me.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artoomis said:
I would not normally allow such behavior from a player, were I the DM or another player in the group. How is this fun for the other players in the group?

Have you ever played in a game where one player got the rest of the party killed?

It can be a LOT of fun for them.

Seeing who can hit that player in the head with the most dice in the shortest time, seeing who can ruin his books the most with a half full soda can from across the room, etc.

Lots of fun! :D

On a more serious note, if a DM allows evil PCs who might backstab their fellow PCs, he gets what he deserves. A PC can quadruple (or more) his wealth by killing his fellow PCs. Why wouldn't many evil PCs consider this? That's Roleplaying 101.

Goldmoon

First Post
Ive killed my entire party before. My monk was bitten by a vampire and I didnt tell anyone. When I turned, I was on watch. Vampiremonk + sleeping PC's = dead party.

lukelightning

First Post
KarinsDad said:
On a more serious note, if a DM allows evil PCs who might backstab their fellow PCs, he gets what he deserves. A PC can quadruple (or more) his wealth by killing his fellow PCs. Why wouldn't many evil PCs consider this? That's Roleplaying 101.

Because players who do this often find themselves without any friends to play with.

Remove ads