TPK Your Entire Party

Infiniti2000

First Post
Goldmoon said:
Ive killed my entire party before. My monk was bitten by a vampire and I didnt tell anyone. When I turned, I was on watch. Vampiremonk + sleeping PC's = dead party.
What? They didn't notice you dead and buried for 1d4 days? I guess if they're really that imperceptive, killing them did the reputation of adventurers the world over a favor.

lukelightning

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
What? They didn't notice you dead and buried for 1d4 days? I guess if they're really that imperceptive, killing them did the reputation of adventurers the world over a favor.

It probably happened like this:
"Hey Bob! Where have you been! We haven't seen you since our battle with Baron Alucard last Saturday!"
"Well, I died and got buried and after 3 days, here I am."
"Oh Bob, always the kidder!"

Nail

First Post
lukelightning said:
It probably happened like this:
"Hey Bob! Where have you been! We haven't seen you since our battle with Baron Alucard last Saturday!"
"Well, I died and got buried and after 3 days, here I am."
"Oh Bob, always the kidder!"
:lol:
SRD-Vampire entry said:
Create Spawn (Su): A humanoid or monstrous humanoid slain by a vampire’s energy drain rises as a vampire spawn (see the Vampire Spawn entry) 1d4 days after burial.

Being bitten by a vampire does not necessarily mean you become a vampire.

Sounds to me like the DM just screwed the players, not that one player killed the rest of the party.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
lukelightning said:
Because players who do this often find themselves without any friends to play with.

A consideration for players who want to play evil PCs.

A consideration for DMs who allow players to play evil PCs.

We played a one shot afternoon game just before the holidays and one of the players insisted on playing an evil PC (DM who did not care). If my good PC had known what I knew about his PC (i.e. actions his PC did while the other PCs were not around), he would have smoked him in a heartbeat. Evil PCs should generally not be played (especially if they are truly played within alignment) and players who want to and DMs who allow it get what they deserve.

Darklone

Just last week there was a discussion about evil PCs in the General forum... I suggest we reanimate that one before we jam this thread.

Players killing players IMHO only leads to one thing: someone will be leaving the group, sooner or later.

Kafkonia

First Post
Just summon some monsters and have them Coup de Grace the party instead.

Then become overwhelmed with guilt and turn them on yourself. True TPK. :)

rgard

Adventurer
sam500 said:
Why can't one use a ray attack to deliver a coup de gras? One can sneak attack and crit with a ray, why not a coup de gras (ie: if you can hit a vital with a sneaky ray, it seems to follow that you could stick your blasty finger in their snorring mouth and blast their head off).

Artoomis- You need to chill out. It was a hypothetical question.

Or.... When the others are up front battling the BBEG and his minions and it looks like your party is in over their heads, cast a wall of force inbetween you and the rest of the party thereby blocking their escape.

At least they conscious and may still have a fighting chance.

Just a thought.

TracerBullet42

First Post
werk said:
As your DM, I'd allow it simply because that's what you want to do. I'd let you kill the entire party without even rolling dice and let you handle the players.
Oooh...that's evil!

EVIL PC: Ok, I want to wait until they're all sleeping, and then kill them all!
DM: Ok, you've done that. They're all dead.
OTHER PCs: What????
DM: Now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go out for dinner. See you guys next week.
OTHER PCs: That's it...get 'em!
EVIL PC: AAAGGGGHHHH!

DM (at dinner): Boy, this steak sure is good...

It all takes care of itself and the DM gets a steak. Everybody wins!

Remove ads