D&D 5E Tracy & Laura Hickman Announce Skyraiders of Abarax

Tracy and Laura Hickman, known for the Dragonlance setting and the original Ravenloft module, have announced a D&D 5E setting called Skyraiders of Abarax. It will be coming to Kickstarter this fall. There's not much more information yet, other than a mailing list for updates and a single (stunning) art piece. Their Facebook page actually says "AD&D 5E", rather than "D&D 5E", although I'm not...

Tracy and Laura Hickman, known for the Dragonlance setting and the original Ravenloft module, have announced a D&D 5E setting called Skyraiders of Abarax. It will be coming to Kickstarter this fall. There's not much more information yet, other than a mailing list for updates and a single (stunning) art piece.

Their Facebook page actually says "AD&D 5E", rather than "D&D 5E", although I'm not sure whether that's significant.

"Tracy & Laura Hickman's first adventure world since Dragonlance ... coming to AD&D 5E through Kickstarter this fall! Join us in the creation of Sky-high Fantasy discovered through magical books brought to life our unique 'Living Tome System'."

sky.jpg

There's also a couple of other art pieces floating about on social media.

1.jpeg
2.jpeg
3.jpeg
4.jpeg

kinwolf

Explorer
Any news on the new Dragonlance novel? A release date of July floated around for some time, but obviously it didn't happen.

That artwork is indeed stunning.

I suppose "Tracy & Laura Hickman's first adventure world since Dragonlance" is technically correct (the best kind of correct!) since they came up with the original concept, but the actual setting that resulted was a TSR group project.

Looks like this is an adventure and not just a setting.

Lots of people hate on the Dragonlance modules for being railroads but DL1 is a great example of "here is my setting play in it". No need to read a 100 pages of backstory and geography just enough to get you excited and set you lose.

I think the two enworld adventure paths did the same things.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Looks good, the art is real pretty and I'm a sucker for flying ships and the like.

I do wish they went a little more out-there with their ancestries though. Cat-people, Dragon-ish people, small humans and elves-proxy are a D&D staple, I know, but I sure wish more settings tried something new.

I'll probably end up backing this one or the new kickstarter I saw in this week round-up on Enworld about the vampire pirates in spaaaace. Or both, depending on the money.

Remove ads

Remove ads