• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TRAILER:MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
TRAILER:MISS PEREGRINE’S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN

[video=youtube;tV_IhWE4LP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV_IhWE4LP0[/video]

does anyone know this story? either the movie or the 'best selling novel'? It looks like a more whimisical Burtonesque take on Xaviers Institute

and apparently Eva Green is Tim Burtons new muse

Ryujin

Legend
I don't know it, but it looks like an interesting take on the "guardian" style of fiction. "Harry Potter the Defender"? Burton films are generally good, occasionally train wrecks.

PixelSword77

First Post
I have read the book, and personally, I loved it. This seems to match it well, at least from what it shown. Although, I have only read the first book, and there are quite a few, I believe.

I found this book to be fantastic in almost every sense. Straight from the Amazon description:

A mysterious island.

An abandoned orphanage.

A strange collection of very curious photographs.

It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience.

Those photographs were the key selling point. All of them are quirky, slightly creepy and odd images of quirky, slightly creepy and odd children.

Miss Peregrine.jpg

Your mileage may vary, of course, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. My wife has already read the sequel (I will too, when I can shoehorn it into my free time) and we also just picked up the third book. I'm looking forward to reading them. As for the movie, I'm both hopeful and cautious. I've seen too many cases where Hollywood completely botched their book-to-movie attempts.

Remove ads