[Trailer] The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Well, as a critic of the Hobbit as an adaptation, I will not be shouted down simply because you (or anybody) liked the movie better than I did.

jbear

First Post
Likewise, I won't let those, like yourself, who disliked it, get away with voicing their opinions unchallenged as though they were widely held and accepted beliefs, agreed with by one and all.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ok, calm down people. It's just a movie. Like it, or don't like it, but getting angry about it is just silly.

jbear

First Post
Sorry if I came across angry. I'm not angry at all. I was going for vocal. Please accept my apologies if it seemed I was getting over emotional.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
But why do conflicting opinions need to challenge each other? That's what got us into the D&D edition war. They don't. Just put yours out there. I'll put mine out there. Done.

Orius

Legend
It looks good. The first film wasn't bad at all, the biggest problem was that Jackson left the camera running in a few spots and it shows. This looks like it will be pretty good too, though it seems they're playing up the conflict between the dwarves and the elves. My guess it that the film will end right after Bilbo talks with Smaug and gets him so angry he smashes the secret door and then flies off to Lake-town.

Remove ads