• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Training

Macbeth

First Post
So, I'm ready to level, but Li needs to train. I'd like to suggest that the next town/village/whatever we come to, we spend time training. I believe other people are ready to level/about to level, so training now seems like a good idea. So, what do we say as a group? Stop at the next village?

Kultar

First Post
If dave will allows us to I think that it all depends on the situation of the village and whats going on around there. This all hinges on the fact we find a village too. One that doesnt have Gnolls in it.

BSF

Explorer
Training in a village/town is a very real possibility. If you take the downtime, you could train just about anywhere. The difference is that it will take more time. In a major city like Greerson, I usually give you an arbitrary 1 month training window. With fewer resources, it will take longer.

BSF

Explorer
If they have aptitude and desire, possibly. You have to remember though, these might be people trying to put bread on the table. Even if they can defend themselves, it doesn't mean anything if they then starve to death. It's a tricky proposition.

Kultar

First Post
By now do you mean while we are at the manor or when we find a village or just a few days from the manor?

Last edited:

injuredwyvern

First Post
I disagree. We should hold off on training until there are better resources around. I generally view training time as time to kill a bunch of birds with one stone (thus upping my bird killing skill). The point is that some of us will take longer to train than others, such as Felix, who pretty much needs a forge to up his smithing skills. So in that time where some people are done training and others are still in progress, we can do things like make items (soon magic items), sell off extra treasure, or just do random things like gather info from our various sources. It also gives us a reason to go back to the big cities periodically rather than jump from one remote place to another, and that helps us to know what is going on in other places of the world. It might seem like we aren't fully prepared going after these gnolls, but we can just be careful and if we can't handle it now, then we can leave and come back later. Training in this way will become a whole lot easier once somebody learns teleport or something similar.

BSF

Explorer
Heh - Well, that might be easier for Chris to say since Ceru isn't close to levelling again soon.

Speaking of exp, when each of you has the chance, could you email your current total exp? I don't keep track of it, but every so often I do like to make note of it.

Thanks.

Remove ads