Traipsing Across Khorvaire - High Adventure in Eberron

Creamsteak

Explorer
Silver signals for Telinor to follow him back behind the crest of the hill so that they can speak freely.

"You were about to run openly into the arms of a group of goblins. I would think that would be something you would choose to avoid. If you still want to go ahead, I will not object."

Starman

Adventurer
Silver67, Telinor, Kor'bin

Telinor turns back to the rest of the group when all of you hear a flurry of chatter from the goblins.

[Goblin]
What was that? I heard something!

Doomhawk

First Post
Telinor raises a finger to his lips, signaling for silence and gesturing over his shoulder in the direction of the goblins. He will wait until the goblins go away before he speaks.
"Thank you, Silver. I was being foolish. Still, I think it is our responsibility to drive these goblins away; so we can at least ensure that the victims and their possessions are undisturbed."

Doomhawk

First Post
"I doubt goblins would be convinced by anything else, unfortunately. Trying to speak to them would be useless; there's nothing we can do to convince them to leave their spoils peacefully."

Creamsteak

Explorer
"I've not had any prior dealings with goblins left to their own devices, only those which I have seen in places like Sharn, dealing trash in the lower districts. If what you say is true, then we should make haste."

Silver then stands still.

Starman

Adventurer

The same goblin yells again, "
Stop looking for treasure, you filthy elf-huggers! I told you I heard something out there! Spread out and look. It's probably a survivor from the crash.
"

The one doing all of the yelling is by the small fire. His dark orange face doesn't quite look right, although it's hard to tell from a distance.

The other goblins reluctantly stop poking through the remains of the ship and begin looking around the surrounding area. Some grumble under their breath. They slowly fan out and search half-heartedly. Two move in your general direction.

There is some small brush and a few scattered trees on the hill you are on. The goblins are about 20 yards away.

Last edited:

Starman

Adventurer

The goblins continue their search, two of them getting quite close. Everything is quiet except for the gentle breeze and the muttering of some of the goblins. You all hold frozen, tense, hoping the goblins pass you by.

Then, the eyes of the goblin off to your left pass over you. And then turn back to rest on you. He stares for a moment almost unsure if he is seeing what he is seeing. Then he screams.

Goblin 1: "
There's someone here
!"

Goblin leader: "
Drive them off! This spoil is ours
!"

Initiative:
Telinor (19)
Goblin leader
Kor'bin (8)
Goblins
Silver67 (2)

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Kor'bin sinks into a coiled stance, the tip of his longspear wavering in anticipation.

OOC: Threaten 10' with longspear, 5' unarmed; Combat Reflexes lets me get AoO even when flat-footed (of which I can get 5 per round). Longspear +6 melee (1d8+6, 20/x3) or Unarmed +5 melee (1d6+4, 20/x2)

Remove ads