Traipsing Across Khorvaire - High Adventure in Eberron

Starman

Adventurer
Silver67, Telinor, & Kor'bin

When: 17th hour, Second Zol, Dravago
Where: somewhere on the House Orien trade road south of the Blackcaps.

It has been a long day of travel. The summer heat has all ready arrived leaving the road parched and dusty. The trade road runs around and over the hills that rise up and become the dark teeth to the north, the Blackcap Mountains. Travelers along the road have been fairly frequent going both ways. Most are merchant caravans, although there are others. Most of the travelers offer a curt nod and continue on, but one merchant, a skinny human named Jurl had more to say.

“’Ware the road ahead wanderers. Not six miles back, I saw a giant two-headed beast.” He chats amiably for a few minutes and then snaps his reigns and takes off on his wagon.

That was about three hours ago. Since then, you’ve seen no sign of any giants and none of the other travelers you’ve passed have mentioned anything.

As the sun begins to sink and you start wondering about a good place to stop for the night, you catch a glimpse of something moving in the sky. A fiery glow around it gives it away as an airship. It has just made a sharp turn and is now heading generally south. Scanning the sky, you see another ship, this one encircled by a cloudy, blue ring. It is coming out of the mountains and moving toward the other ship.

The second ship is far faster than the other and after a few minutes it catches up. Squinting, you can almost make out shapes darting from one ship to the other and if you didn’t know better, you would say a battle had broken out. Before long, the fiery ring of the fleeing ship snaps out of control and is raging across the pursuing ship. It appears that the two ships have also become tangled together!

The three of you watch as the ship that was trying to flee slowly tilts up and eventually falls. It seems to take a long while for it to hit, but it eventually comes down in a spectacular crash. Someone puts out the fire on the other ship, but it doesn’t seem to fare much better than the other airship. It drifts down as it heads south and disappears behind a hill. It was coming down too fast for a soft landing, though, and it surely crashed.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Silver stares curiously, but doesn't say anything during the proceedings. His eyes slowly follow the action, but he doesn't make any sort of movement besides to adjust his eyes.

After a few minutes, he slowly looks towards the others, and waits to see their reactions.

Doomhawk

First Post
Telinor observes with an expression of growing surprise and horror, entirely forgetting the two-headed monsters. As the ships begin to fall out of the sky, he climbs to the front of the wagon and sits tensely, his knuckles white on his staff. "Should we go see what happened?" the mage inquires of the wagon driver. "There are probably wounded. They need help..." He looks preoccupied, trying to make out details (such as if there are any moving figures near the visible wreck) and figure out what exactly just happened.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Silver ponders Telinor's observations.
And ponders...
And ponders...
And continues to ponder...
Until he finally has something to say.

"Correct, there are probably wounded. I am unsure of their help-needing status, however. Those circumstances would likely include wounds of a fatal nature."

Silver then resumes pondering for a moment.

Starman

Adventurer
Aalic

You and the boy make it back to camp easily enough. Three fires illuminate the camp. Most everyone is abed, except for a few people on watch. Bran tugs your sleeve and whispers, "I'm tired. Can I go to sleep now?"

Burghis approaches you as you enter the camp. The new First Mate stifles a yawn and says, "Well, what did you find out?"

Widowmaker

First Post
"Aye Bran, go find a safe place and go to sleep. You were very brave today. Thanks for the help." Aalic will state thankfully.

"Burghis, the pirates are just over that hill. (Pointing in that direction) They aren't very far off. I am concerned they may try something in the night. I am going to check the men on watch." Aalic will state to the First Mate.

Aalic will make a check of the men on watch. Making sure they are awake and well suited.

Ferrix

Explorer
Silver67, Telinor, & Kor'bin

Kor'bin releases a sharp breath as the airship descends in its final moments, hearing the others hesitations, he glides to his feet, his answer bearing an existential weight.

Remove ads