• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Transcendence Now - M&M Game [Resumed!]

Samnell

Explorer
Now that I can work with. :)

Josh didn't like Leo; not at all. When he started glowering at Billy and generally trying to play the bully, Leo crossed over from annoying to actively distasteful. Josh loves the fact that he beat Leo to powers and tries to find excuses to demonstrate his abilities in Leo's presence. The difference might only be a day, but it clearly bothered Leo and anything that bothered Leo was worth cultivating.

Billy, conversely, quickly became Josh's favorite person. A fellow genius who grew up in a similarly sheltered environment, Josh saw himself at about the time he left school. He loves seeing Billy's brain in action and happily takes up chess, his memory compensating somewhat for lack of experience. It's difficult to play the same trick twice on someone who remembers it perfectly from the first time. Josh is happy to listen to Billy talk about history, which he appreciates a bit more now than he did at that age when everything but music seemed a waste of time. Josh is very curious about what Billy is going to do with his genius and wants to keep in touch.

KentArnold

First Post
Just wondering, when/if you introduce Sin, or before hand, you mind if I work up a few thoughts for Group D(or E depending on your preference, going with the 25 mentality, A-E, 5 / group) and the 'personalities' of them? Seeing the characters you put up gave me a few rough ideas.

Shalimar

First Post
What does it mean that we are immune to our group mates powers? I can understand being immune to their non-physical attacks, and based on the descriptors, Makenzie is already immune to Lukas's drains/blasts because they are poisons. But are we immubne to entirely physical powers? I mean a strong person can punch someone and have them take damage, or pick up a car and fling it at someone and do damage, right?

Samnell

Explorer
I assumed it meant that Josh couldn't use his TK to crush Leo into a concentrated mass the size of a quarter, but that using the TK to drop a safe on him would be ok. Good question, though. I don't think Sollir ever said.

Shalimar

First Post
Samnell said:
I assumed it meant that Josh couldn't use his TK to crush Leo into a concentrated mass the size of a quarter, but that using the TK to drop a safe on him would be ok. Good question, though. I don't think Sollir ever said.

How about his force-field? Would Leo's fist pass right through it? or Makenzie's healing not affect Lukas at all?

Samnell

Explorer
How about his force-field? Would Leo's fist pass right through it? or Makenzie's healing not affect Lukas at all?

That's how I would see it, but I'm not Sollir. I think if one starts getting immunity to even indirect uses of powers then you get into a snowballing web of consequences and contingencies. If a plane is crash-landing with Leo on it and Josh catches the plane and sets it down, does Leo go flying through the floor and turn into a splatter on the pavement? If Josh throws a kobold at Leo and hits, does the kobold fly through Leo like a ghost? If we enjoy immunity to even indirect powers uses, then these seem like possible scenarios.

I could see some creepy story potential in our having some kind of engineered mental inability to use our powers with hostile intent against one another, but that would be different from a flat immunity.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Samnell said:
That's how I would see it, but I'm not Sollir. I think if one starts getting immunity to even indirect uses of powers then you get into a snowballing web of consequences and contingencies. If a plane is crash-landing with Leo on it and Josh catches the plane and sets it down, does Leo go flying through the floor and turn into a splatter on the pavement? If Josh throws a kobold at Leo and hits, does the kobold fly through Leo like a ghost? If we enjoy immunity to even indirect powers uses, then these seem like possible scenarios.

I could see some creepy story potential in our having some kind of engineered mental inability to use our powers with hostile intent against one another, but that would be different from a flat immunity.

I think it's safe to assume Sollir doesn't mean we're suddenly translucent to eachother. :p

Wonder how that sort of thing would work out with Maleck's powers - are her groupmates all able to see through her darkness? Can't have their shadows controlled? o:

Shalimar

First Post
RobotRobotI said:
I think it's safe to assume Sollir doesn't mean we're suddenly translucent to eachother. :p

Wonder how that sort of thing would work out with Maleck's powers - are her groupmates all able to see through her darkness? Can't have their shadows controlled? o:

I would hope that all it means is that players cannot directly harm each other with powers, they can do it indirectly, ie a super strong character punching, a telekinetically thrown car, etc. I do think its a slippery slope.

RobotRobotI

First Post
Shalimar said:
I would hope that all it means is that players cannot directly harm each other with powers, they can do it indirectly, ie a super strong character punching, a telekinetically thrown car, etc. I do think its a slippery slope.

Maybe it's kind of like our characters all have a nullification field against the other four with a range of 'self' - so when a super strong guy hits us, he loses his superstrength and we take a blow at his normal strength - but if he threw a car at us, we'd be in trouble.

Samnell

Explorer
Maybe it's kind of like our characters all have a nullification field against the other four with a range of 'self' - so when a super strong guy hits us, he loses his superstrength and we take a blow at his normal strength - but if he threw a car at us, we'd be in trouble.

That's probably the intent, but it's fun overthinking this. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads