• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Transcendence Now - M&M Game [Resumed!]

Done *sweat drop*

Lets attempt to start the game Wednesday night? I might have a few more questions to ask about your characters, but those can wait for the moment. (Off of the top of my head though I'd appreciate it if you could edit their ages in under the player's note portion of your Rogue's Gallery entries. I have a rough idea of how old everyone is but I'm not completely sure)

Edit-I forget I have 3 more, though thankfully shorter snippets to write for Angel, Bastien, and the third mutant that stayed there. Will do this tomorrow if I can. Also, for easier reading I'll soon post all the NPC writeups in the Rogue's Gallery.

Last edited:

RobotRobotI

First Post
Stuff, regarding Maleck and Team C:

Mal would've been pretty introverted when she first showed up; I can picture her spending all of her free time in her room with the lights out and headphones on. Eventually, as her powers began to manifest, she'd become a little more social, although if possible she'd spend a lot of her active time at night, after lights out (assuming they'd let her; even if they wouldn't, if it's dark, she could just poof around.)

I figure Maleck would easily learn to enjoy Theresa's company, as she's got a sort of admiration for the artistically inclined, and was probably a little off-put by the others in her group. Maleck would probably get a kick out of illusions after those manifested.

Mal's probably never spent a lot of time with Midas, since she finds the older guy a little off-putting. They're probably on friendly terms, but after witnessing one or two of his outbursts, Maleck probably won't spend much time at all near him.

Maleck wouldn't be the sort to go for dating a guy in an environment as closed as the one they're in, but she wouldn't mind extending her hand in friendship with Kenny - at least, not to begin with. Once she saw his more controlling side, she'd be done with him; whenever he'd approach her after that, she'd just give him the cold shoulder. She wouldn't be very concerned with the 'loss', since she can tell there's something just not quite right with the guy.

Maleck probably wouldn't be on poor terms with mr Walden, per se, although he's a lot older than her and she just doesn't know how to relate to 'adults' - she still doesn't see herself as one, and people Walden's age are still Misters and Misses to her.

Also editted it into the rogue's gallery: Maleck is 19.

Last edited:

Rybaer

First Post
Joe’s reactions to fellow group B members:

Josh – There’s something about Josh that makes Joe uneasy. It probably has something to do with his drive and focus more than anything else. Joe treats him politely but doesn’t go out of his way to try to forge any close personal bonds.

Leo – Along similar lines with Josh, Joe is a little put off by Leo’s intense focus and competitive drive. Joe also has never had much interest in fighting or martial arts, so there is little common ground initially. After Leo starts to latch on to Joe following his power manifestation, Joe will reluctantly begin to accept his company. Joe will probably spend a good bit of this time in sparring practice (which would help explain how his attack/defense modifiers are better than +0/+0).

Will – Joe probably finds Will to be the most easy to get along with of the bunch, though even that is a little bit of a stretch. Having been a History major in college, Joe would likely find a common bond with Will in their mutual interest in historic battles. Joe won’t take it personally if Will has a much greater knowledge of history and is more insightful…history was just something Joe liked, not something he was particularly gifted with.

(Note – Sollir’s description of Will’s reaction to Joe may be a bit off…given this mutual interest in History. Also, Joe is really not an athletically inclined person, in spite of having played a little bit of sports in high school (poorly). Will might incorrectly assume this, though, if Joe is coerced by Leo into spending a lot of time in sparring practice.)

Miranda – Joe isn’t quite sure how to best deal with her psychological problems, but he’ll do his best to be polite and befriend her, not holding her bad days against her. On the other hand, he’ll be cautious about becoming too close to her, out of fear that he could become a focus of obsession for her.

Festy_Dog

First Post
Lukas' intial disposition towards the Carmichaels would be a positive one, as he'd relish the intellectual debates to keep his mind occupied during the three months. His degree covers a variety of topics so he'd have no shortage of information during the debates. However there probably would have been a time during the three months when he saw the occult having bearing on one of the debates, and when his opinion was dismissed as silliness he'd interpret that as an attack on eight years of research. He'd challenge the Carmichaels to debate their skepticism of his specialty but regardless of the outcome he wouldn't look at them quite the same way after that.

Throughout the three months at the facility Lukas would find talking with Felicia an interesting distraction. While Felicia wouldn't discuss her history much, Lukas would try to get her to tell him her plans for the future once she's done with the facility, and as she has a taste for stories Lukas would probably share with her some of the abundance of myths and wives' tales he had accumulated throughout his thus far brief academic career.

Makenzie's initial sarcasm would appeal to Lukas' sense of humour, and he would make an effort to discover Makenzie's intellectual side, if one existed to be found. While he would be impressed by her recovery he'd be at odds trying to find something in common with the travelling performer that they could talk about. Lukas would probably start spending more time around Felicia and Makenzie after falling out with the Carmichaels.

Shalimar

First Post
Makenzie really doesn't have an intellectual side to find. If your familiar with the show Naruto, Sasuke and Naruto or opposite sides of the same coin. Sasuke is intense, perpetually brooding, and pretty intelligent, but all of him is focused on getting revenge for his family's murder. Naruto on the other hand is a complete 180 from that, completely outgoing, he performs and acts out to get people's attention, he is all about having fun on the way to his goal.

Makenzie used to be Naruto before she was paralyzed. Afterwards she was Sasuke, completely intent on getting better and getting revenge. For the first week or so after healing herself, she was Naruto again with all the hyperactive attention grabbing that you could expect. After that week she slowly turned back towards the brooding, intense version of herself that she was before being healed, with occasional bursts of enthusiasm and attention seeking though that has trickled off the closer they are to getting out. Right now she is very focused on getting even with Fat Tony and his crew. She spends almost 10 hours a day working out and practicing with her throwing disks.

KentArnold

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
KentDArnold -> Sure, you can email me if you like (AndyTheCamWhore -at- gmail etc..). I have about three more characters thought up (either for groups D or E), but that leaves 5 open at the moment.

Working on finishing those other chars atm.

Came up with four ideas, just letting you know the REAL basics here, IE core concept, nothing else. Emailed the details to you as per your request.

Faith, the resident anti-psychic/empath (not a telepath, more emotion control)

Wyld, the resident animal manifester (animal mimicry)

Elf, the resident druid (immunities to natural environmental effects, speak/control animals, more to be developed later)

John, the resident spook(almost constant invisibility, except to technological devices, is an effort for him to be 'noticed', a glory hound)

Remove ads