Transcendence Now - M&M Game [Resumed!]

Update coming shortly.

You guys have put in too much work for me to abandon this, sorry for the long wait. Every time I take the time to sit down and post I think about having to update the story six times and it kind of intimidates me to be honest. So this is the plan, what I'm going to aim for is to alternate, and update three characters a day until I get the swing of things, so hopefully by the second issue I can update everyone constantly. Of course, the beginning of issues typically call for larger posts, so I'll switch back to alternating on those days. Today, I will aim to get every character's post done, however. Does this sound workable?

ByteRynn, I'm having a bit of a hard time imagining a place where your character could start off in the story. Whenever you have the time, could you look at the NPCs in your group (page 7) and respond with what kind of relationships Dr. Walden would have formed, if any, with his fellow transcendents? It would help me a lot. Thanks in advance :)

ByteRynn

First Post
1-Miss Maleck Blackwell, ?
2-Preston Rhodes, "Midas"
3-Kenny Moore, "Wrath"
4-Theresa Holdeman, "Vertigo"
5-Dr. Emerson Walden, "Pathfinder"

Miss Malek Blackwell: Dr. Walden thinks her unique personality and sense of style betrays a very promising start on her path to an individual life. While he knows that she, along with most of the other participants in this experiment, has lost a certain amount of their direction in life, of the young people he has spent time with, he sees her as the most promising. She isn't ever rude, and he appreciates the politeness, but he has a hard time relating to her, as she very obviously sees their age differences as something of a gulf between them.

Preston Rhodes: Preston worries Emerson. He sees Rhodes as a man who lets the activities of others and material wealth drive his actions, rather than a desire for walking his own path. Dr. Walden has frequently tried to encourage Preston in life, and help him get past his bitterness, but with very little success. The two both occasionally mourned the lack of alcohol in the facility, Dr. Walden missing a good Scotch almost as badly as Rhodes missing his alcohol of choice. They made a deal to go out and toast their freedom as soon as they got out of this joint.

Kenny Moore: Kenny is also a fairly promising young man in Dr. Walden's opinion, though a promising young man who has little use for school, books, learning. Emerson is at a complete loss at how to relate to this young man, though he feels somewhat protective of him, as in his youth he had a number of friends who every bit as rebellious and angry at the world as Kenny. Dr. Walden has tried to be accepting and understanding, but occasionally thinks that Kenny is being abrasive juts to see what he can get away with.

Theresa Holdeman: Dr. Emerson Walden has certainly spent the majority of his time in the facility speaking with Theresa, enjoying things she's written, and has developed something of a friendship with her. While he finds most of her literature lacking an important lesson, he appreciates the aesthetics of the things she writes. Sometimes she has struck him as a bit less than independant, constantly defining herself and her writing by other authors and comparing herself to the people aorund her. Dr. Walden has attempted to build Theresa up through compliments and encouragement, and by finding so many good things about her, has developed something of a crush on her.

Rybaer

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Update coming shortly.

You guys have put in too much work for me to abandon this, sorry for the long wait. Every time I take the time to sit down and post I think about having to update the story six times and it kind of intimidates me to be honest. So this is the plan, what I'm going to aim for is to alternate, and update three characters a day until I get the swing of things, so hopefully by the second issue I can update everyone constantly. Of course, the beginning of issues typically call for larger posts, so I'll switch back to alternating on those days. Today, I will aim to get every character's post done, however. Does this sound workable?

Works for me. And to do my part to make it even easier on you, I'll be traveling for about 3 of the next 6 weeks, during which I'll be unable to post at all.

Thanks for the notice Rybaer. I honestly think updating will become easier as time goes on and I become more used to the characters. Hopefully things will go more smoothly from now on, sorry again for the delay everyone :eek:

Rybaer

First Post
Looks like I didn't miss much in the last few days while I was out of town.

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be on vacation for the next week and a half. After that, I'll be able to post for a week before I head out of town again for another week. By mid-August, my schedule will clear up considerably. Thanks for bearing with me.

*shuffles feet* Sorry guys I got in over my head time-commitment-wise IRL and it just kind of exploded on me. I should've given more notice but I instead just took a break from it all. I'm settling down with the school groove and cleared up one of my major extra-curriculars (music-stuff) and will be able to start running a game again in about 2-3 weeks. Whoever was in this game before, are you still interested? No pressure if the feeling has passed, but I'm willing to continue this game (with renewed force_if y'all are.

Remove ads