Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
Ashir stands up but is still a bit shaken up from the assault and struggles to maintain his focus as the battle rages on. His latest blast of flames misses the warforged and he sighs as he quaffs the potion and feels rejuvenated, tossing the empty vial back down the hall.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: stand up
Standard: Scorching Burst centered 1 square S of warforged - vs ref; fire (1d20 4=13, 1d6 8=13) swing and a miss
Minor: drink potion -use 1 HS regain 10hp

[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 14 NAD:15/14/14
HP: 20/22 Surges: 5/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Chill Strike

Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere
Rolling Thunder

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko can hear the words of the humans in his mind, ringing through and through. He has little time to reflect on how much sway they hold, for even as he feels his body healing he is pressed by the guard.

The words of Max proves distraction enough for an opening and Raiko cuts the man deep, filling his wounds with radiant light.

[sblock=Actions]Raiko will spend the surge, which puts him back up to full health.
Minor: Divine Challenge on the Guard
Standard: Holy Strike 22 vs AC, 18 radiant damage. I believe that leaves him with 3 hp.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +0; P.Insight: 18; P.Perception: 13
AC: 20; Fort: 16; Reflex: 13; Will: 14
HP: 25/25; Surges: 6 hp, 6/10
AcP: 0
AdP: 1

Skills: History +6, Insight +8, Intimidate +8, Religion +4
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 20, Con: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
The monk smiled.
"Finally you have proved your worth. I will end this test now." with a sapping movement of his hand, the familiar vapor concentrates in it quickly, and he let fly a small blob of green glowing liquid, not bigger than a bean. Sheng turned and shot another to the archer, but this time his aim goes wide. The snake monk slithers behind a wall for cover.
The small sphere of acid hit the guard in the head, and began to eat away skin, bone, and finally brain as the guard desperately tries to rub it away, only worsening the situation, as his own hands are attacked by the viscous substance. Within a few seconds and with his head half melted away, the guard falls dead to the ground, the deadly wound smoking green gas.

Hit Gard for 18 Roll Lookup AP:Misses archer http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2447816/ Use adrenaline to regain the AP and 4 hp. Then move for cover.

Edit: Removed the guard.

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"Let's try that again, shall we?" Haruka mutters as she sends out another gout of flame. This one catches the warforged, and while the heat subsides, the fires remain, threatening to flare up once more.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Hellish Rebuke Warforged. Hits Reflex 16 for 8 fire damage and 3 untyped damage. If I take damage before the end of my next turn, he takes an additional 10 fire damage.
Move: Move to current location, retain concealment.

Mal, I know that normally we assume the enemy will take AoO's against us. If Hellish Rebuke hasn't already triggered by the time by next turn comes around, will the Warforged still take a swing at me if I provoke it? And for Patrin's Combat Superiority purposes, is his MBA the Resolute Shield attack?[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 3
Initiative: +2 | Passive perception: 10 | Passive Insight: 16
AC: 17 (19)| For: 16 (18)
| Ref: 16 (18)| Will: 15 (17)
HP: 37/40+3 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Haruka]Why was your curse 1d8 instead of 1d6?[/sblock]

[sblock=Healing Potions]The elite guard and the warforged have a healing potion on their belt, it can be picked as a minor action or as a free action by moving above it with an acrobatic 15 check and a free hand.

Right now the little red P used for Patrin's Marks also stand for a potion when it's on the ground. I am soooo lazy.
[/sblock]

Patrin takes advantge of the flanking Haruka do deliver a solid blow. A savage grin on his face as the wind turn in their favor.

The warforged, seeing Haruka as a softer target turns on her to but gets decapitated by Patrin as soon as he takes his eyes of him.

-''And that's how it's done! It almost feels like a high five moments, but I got no time to sheath my sword.''

Proving his points, an arrow from nowhere nearly takes out Haruka's head. Ah, yes, the sniper, still lurking in the other room.

The archer from the temple keeps harassing the heroes, focusing this time on Ashir.

From the room south comes an irate and commanding voice furious at the recents disturbance. He calls for a rally and by the sound of it, many are heeding the call.

Patrin doesn't hesitate and runs inside, pushing the battle line as far as he can.

Back near the entrance, the remaining archers hits Raiko to minor damages. He then retreats to the kitchen. The heroes hear a growls and screech coming from that direction that annunces nothing good. By the sound of it, there is a menageries in there.

[sblock=Adrenaline Surge]Everyone gets AS. The slaying of the evil mage represented by a skull and a book will also generate an AS[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Patrin
Standard:
vs AC (1d20+11+2=31, 1d10+6=15)
Minor: Adrenaline surge, healing surge.

Warforged vs Haruka
vs AC 17 (1d20+9-2=17, 1d8+4=7) forgot -2 for mark so miss

Patrin CC Interrupt (technically happens before the interrupted attack, I know ;) ):
vs AC (1d20+11+2=26, 1d10+6=15) Right, so the previous attack was wasted IC time for me because Patrin would have killed him before it landed anyway. Haruka gains 6thp

Sniper
vs AC 17 (1d20+9+2-2=15, 1d8+4+1d6=14) miss, stays hidden on a miss (sniper power)

Archer
vs Ashir (1d20+9=18) hit

Archer vs Raiko
vs AC 20 (1d20+9=21) hit
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Haruka: 37 +6/40 [10/10] AS 1
Max: 18 +1 /22 [5/7] AS 1
Raiko: 22/25 [6/10] AS 2
Patrin: 41 + 5 /52 [10/11] AS 1
Sheng 26 +4 /36 AS 2
Ashir: 17/22 [5/7] AS 1
[/sblock]

http://virtualbattlemat.com/game/hells_basement_1/

[sblock=Stats]
Blood Hawk
Small
Perception 16
HP 27; Bloodied 13
AC 15; Fortitude 12, Reflex 14, Will 12
Speed 2 (clumsy), fly 6
OA Claw Rake (standard, at-will)
+6 vs AC; 1d6+5 damage, and the target takes ongoing 2 damage, or ongoing 5 damage if the blood hawk is bloodied (save ends).

Evil Wizard (Not Sheng; the Skull and Book token]
Perception 10;
HP 88; Bloodied 44
AC 18; Fortitude 14, Reflex 14, Will 14
OA Dagger (standard, at-will) Weapon
+8 vs AC; 1d4+1 damage.

Sniper
Perception 12;
HP 31; Bloodied 15
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 15, Will 12 ; see also goblin tactics
OA: none, unless short sword drawn.
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+7 vs AC; 1d6 + 2 damage.

Guard Drake
Perception 17
HP 48; Bloodied 24
AC 15; Fortitude 15, Reflex 13, Will 12
Immune fear (while within 2 squares of an ally)
OA: Bite (standard, at-will)
+6 vs AC; 1d10+3 damage, or 1d10 + 9 damage while within 2 squares of an ally.

Guards (G)
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 13
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
OA +7 vs AC; 5 damage. If another Guard is adjacent to the target, the target also falls prone.
Combat Advantage
The tough’s attack deals 1 extra damage to any target granting combat advantage to it.

Archers (A)
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs AC; 3 damage.
OA none unless they dropped the crossbow and drew a spear
Then; +7 vs AC; 2 damage.
Mob Rule:
The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human archers or guards are within 5 squares of it.

Warforged Cultist
Perception 13
HP 56; Bloodied 28
AC 20; Fortitude 17, Reflex 15, Will 14
Saving Throws +2 against ongoing damage
Speed 5
OA Longsword (standard, at-will)
+9 vs AC; 1d8+4 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the warforged soldier’s next turn.
Battlefield Tactics:
The warforged soldier gains a +1 bonus to melee attacks if it has an ally adjacent to the target.

Elite Troopers
Perception 16
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
OA Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+10 vs AC; 1d10+3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the next turn.

Dretch
Perception 11; darkvision
Sickening Miasma aura 1; each enemy within the aura takes 1 damage whenever it takes a standard action or a move action. Multiple sickening miasma auras deal cumulative damage, up to 5 damage.
HP 44; Bloodied 22
AC 14; Fortitude 14, Reflex 13, Will 11
+5 vs AC; 2d6+2 damage.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"That potion is all yours Raiko...You earned it." Hearing the loud screach. "What the hell was that!" Max adjusts a strap on his arm and moves foward to investigate. Getting closer to the room he sees the archer who he had encountered earlier. Thinking to himself, Damn...I should have killed you when I had the chance Scanning the rest of the room he sees the new foes. "Many foes my friends! I'm going in!" Max yells back to the sorcerer and paladin, then charges the archer. "You're going down this time maggot!" He races foward and strikes air, blade crashing into the wall. Max's face turns red with anger as he stares down the archer who now has a smirk on his face.

[sblock=AS]
Max gets his inspiring word back, +4 temp hitpoints (STR) and regain AP
[/sblock]

[sblock=actions]

double move:

Use AP: charge the archer: 1d20+8+1: 14 Aaaaggghhhhh

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng moves like mantis among the tunnels of the monastery, and places himself behind Max. Even as he does this, he mumbles words, as if he was speaking the other way around. His hissing voice echoing in the caves. The monk waves his hands in the last position, as the skull of green gas shapes before him. With the last gentle gesture, the skull of chaos fly to the archer.
In the eyes of the man, Max becomes a horrible creature, horns grow from his head, throwing his helmet away. His body grows muscled, huge, tearing his armor apart. His hands became claws, his teeth morphed in shark ones, and his eyes slithered like a snake. In a single move, the monster Max eviscerated the archer with the right claw, and decapitated him with his left.
The archer choked a shout of fear and pain, and fall dead to the ground, convulsing.
The vapors gathered about the dead body, emanating from his eyes and mouth.
The skull took form again and floated erratically to the guard at the north, disappearing with a puff in his chest. The man witnessed in horror how the two hawks and the drake turned against him, and slashed at him, turning his flesh in confetti. Screaming the man fall to his knees, the green gas flowing from his mouth before his dead fixed gaze fall upon Sheng who smiled, before the man died.
The skull took shape again, but it's form dissipated before jumping to the next guard.

[sblock=Actions]
Roll Lookup
Target archer and both guards. Kills the archer and a guard, misses the third target.
Sheng rolled an even, so he gets +1 to AC, he hit, so he has a +1 to hit.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Sheng]You can't move in diagonal across corners. You had to do that twice to move behind Max. I moved you back two square. See PHB 283 Tactical movement.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Mal]
Since Max charged in first, is Sheng allowed to use the warlord power Battlefront leader allowing Max or one ally within close burst 3 can shift half speed?
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=curse die]
Why was your curse 1d8 instead of 1d6?

Because I'm cheating Vicious Rod. Increases curse die to d8s.[/sblock]

Haruka giggles unnervingly. "Yes, congratulations can come later, once they're all dead." She walks past Patrin, stopping in the doorway. "Oh look, more cultists. I wonder if these ones are also flammable," she muses as she sends more jets of flame from her fingertips. The warlock grins manically as the fires begin to consume their target, "Well, clearly you are."

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to current location, retain concealment.
Minor: Curse closest enemy I can see. I'm gunning for the evil wizard, but I may be tripping over the sniper at this point.
Standard: Hellish Rebuke cursed enemy. Hits Reflex 25 for 10 fire damage, 7 curse damage, and 8 more fire damage if I take damage before the end of my next turn. That should leave a mark.

I purposefully left the potion for Ashir.[/sblock]

[sblock=Question about adrenaline]Is there a limit regarding how many I can spend in a turn? Otherwise, I could end up with a turn looking like the following:

AP: Attack
Free Attack from spending an AP near Max.
Minor: Spend AS to regain AP.
Move->Minor: Spend AS to regain AP.
Standard->Minor: Spend AS to regain AP.

Yes, the majority of that will be At-wills, but it's still pretty gross. So, maybe some limit on AP or AS expenditure per round is needed.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 3
Initiative: +2 | Passive perception: 10 | Passive Insight: 16
AC: 17 (19)| For: 16 (18)
| Ref: 16 (18)| Will: 15 (17)
HP: 37/40+6 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Eyes of the Vestige
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt