Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka's voice changes once more, this time becoming that of an older, stern woman, "I have many talents sir, but stabbing people with pieces of metal is not one of them." She turns to the nearby cultists and whispers something unintelligible. Then she steps back and makes a quick cutting gesture with her hand. Something too fast to see leaps from Haruka and chains through both guards, who fall to the ground like puppets with cut strings. Haruka giggles manically, "See? That's why I'm here."

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse guard.
Move: Shift to current location. Bye bye concealment.
Standard: Eyes of the Vestige the archer. Hits Will 16 for damage (11, if you were curious). I will then choose one target within 3 squares of the archer, in this case the guard. Since the guard is cursed, I'll apply my curse damage (3) to him instead of the archer. So they both die, and my pact boon triggers, giving me 6 thp.[/sblock]

[sblock=Virtual Battlemat questions]So, how do I add/remove the little curse and concealment markers? And if we kill someone, should we remove their token, or do you want to handle that?[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 3
Initiative: +2 | Passive perception: 10 | Passive Insight: 16
AC: 17 | For: 16
| Ref: 16 | Will: 15
HP: 39/40+6 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"How dare you attack me, maggot! You'll die for such honor-less crime, and your soul will be mine!" Sheng takes a step backwards, and with a wave back and forth of his body, he conjures the howling skull again. The guard is terrorized by an assassin nightmare, and dies horrible, scratching his face, as he dreams of a hundred snakes crawling over him and biting him to death. With the face disfigured by his own nails, the guard falls back, with milky eyes staring at the sorceror.
The skull of green vapor then arises from the corpse and floats towards one of the onis, geeing into it. The nightmares of a person are an oni's everyday life, so it becomes a little trickier. As the skull gets into the creature, he sees a battalion of dead jadites marching with iron discipline towards him. His efforts to decimate the dead warriors are futile, and the host of soldiers impale him several times in his dreams. The creature screams, but is able to break through the enchantment before it's too late.

"They are using Onis as their guardian dogs, how ironic and contradictory. More in support of my theory: That who hunts wolfs, can't expect to use dogs to do the work." thinks Sheng.

Shift back and then use Chaos Bolt on Guard, then make it jump to one of the oni:
21 vs guard will: kills, use Tooth of chaos power to treat it like an even roll: 25 vs Dretch will, hit for 8 dmg.

renau1g

First Post
Ashir's mouth drops open at Haruka's display, seeing the two men die was a shock to him. Shaking out of it and seeing Patrin in trouble, the genasi moved up next to him. Standing for a moment, shoulder to shoulder with the dragonborn, the tiny lightning lines running through his body grew brighter and distant thunder filled the air.

He sweeps his hand outwards and a blast of thunder smashes into the guard, but he manages to hold his ground. Unfettered, Ashir tries again, knowing he can't have withstand another powerful blast, but somehow the man does!

"Oh...my...." Ashir thinks as he shakes his head.

[sblock=ooc]
Move: To current spot
Minor: Promise of Storms Racial (+1d8 damage TENT on thunder/lightning powers)
Standard: Thunderwave on Guard - vs fort; dmg (1d20 4=7, 1d6 8 1d8=15)

Jeez...this is getting ridiculous, screw it:
AP: Thunderwave on Guard - vs fort; dmg (1d20 4=8, 1d6 8 1d8=17)

What? Really? WHAT THE ****!

So... my attack rolls are currently 4,7,3,4? Nice...
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 14 NAD:15/14/14
HP: 22/22 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Chill Strike

Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere
Rolling Thunder

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Removing token]There is a tombstone icon on the lower right corner of the map. Drag and drop icons you wish to remove from the map.

Do not drag them from the library and drop them on the tombstone; this will remove them from the library!

If uploading your own token, double check that you are uploading from the bottom uploader. I once had a player who wanted to upload a custom token and who mistakenly chose the uploader for the map. Boom, no map, just a silly picture of a PC and lots of token hanging in mid air.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Sheng]Awww, you killed the guard. I was looking forward to having him die because of the dretch aura! That would have screamed 'EVil Cult!'
[/sblock]

*Map up to date*

[sblock=Status]
Elite Trooper 0 : 37/47, press the advantage recharging
Dretch 1: 36/44

Haruka: 39/40 +6 [10/10]
Raiko: 22/25 [10/10]
Patrin: 38/52 dazed (save ends)
Sheng 31/36
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Max catches up with the sorcerer and looks at the remains of the guard that Sheng just killed. "Wow...it sucks to be him. You seem to really enjoy your work. (after a pause) I'm ready when you are spellcaster. (motioning to the next group of foes behind the door) Where's Raiko?"

ooc: move to square south of the sorcerer.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Raiko turns as the archer falls and heads into the hallway, only to see the aftermath of the sorcerers attacks. He barrels by his allies, saying "Let's keep moving." until he hits the next room and sees the Dretches. His sword points toward them.

"One of us dies this day."

[sblock=ooc]Raiko double moves. Divine Challenge.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +0; P.Insight: 18; P.Perception: 13
AC: 20; Fort: 16; Reflex: 13; Will: 14
HP: 22/25; Surges: 6 hp, 10/10
AP: 1

Skills: History +6, Insight +8, Intimidate +8, Religion +4
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 20, Con: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Joy? If an ant feels joy when carrying a piece of a leaf to it's anthill, then I suppose that my duty gets certain degree of satisfaction" replies the sorcerer to Max, smiling mischievously."
As Raiko rushes forward, Sheng says "It seems that our hosts have oni pets. How "evil" of them don't you think master Raiko? I suggest we cut these creatures fast, their foul aura is most unpleasant"
He moves hastly towards the next room.
"Hurry, guard this entrance, don't allow them to crow over you."
With another coreografic move, Sheng summons the spectral skull of green vapour. It flies right into the other oni. This time, the spectral horde of jadites the creature sees tares him appart, and guts him; it's entrails falling to the ground. The creature gasps and tries to avoid the falling of the illusory intestines.
But it's not over jet, the green skull comes out of the first oni and goes into the second one. The nightmare is less terrible, although it seems that the creature's weak mind is vulnerable to the jadite's enchantments. "Minds so weak... It is a mere question of keep using the same technique. Ha ha ha ha!" laughs the sorceror, as the creatures cry in pain.

Chaos Bolt vs D1: 28 Crit! for 21 dmg; as it's even, it jumps to Dr and hits for 9

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: Voda, pace yourself! With Raiko's turn complete, it's the bad guys turn, not yours. You already acted this round.

Maybe you were confused by the *map up to date* and the updated status? I often do that between rounds but that doesn't mean my monsters have acted and you can take another turn.

PS: It's probably a good moment to mention that as far as I am concerned, Chaos bolt HAS to jump if you roll even and there is a valid target within range, even if the last valid target is someone you'd rather not hit (such as an ally or even yourself!).

Remove ads