Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

dimsdale

First Post
"I'll take out this one!" Max says as he runs north, attacking the archer (A1) thrusting his sword foward in the direction of the archer's chest. His sword strikes true.

[sblock=action]
minor: none: weapon already drawn
movement: move to square south of a1
attack: basic attack: 1d20+8=21 for 1d8+4 = 8

[/sblock]

ooc: Mal, until I get my map figured out can you place an icon on the map and move it to where I ask. I don't want to slow the addy down more than I already am.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
OOC: I don't know if anything changed, but I suceeded in adding Dimsdale and Scorpius. If you log in, you can modify the battlefield now. Will update the fight tomorrow. Voda, are you registered?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Entrance

-''Lord Mordekai, help!'' shouts a guard as the heroes decimates the opposition. He is silenced by Max's blade.

The archer steps back while the guards move in. The archer manages to draw Raiko's attention but the warriors

Meanwhile, the devil and his crew are still focused on slaying the tentacled monstrosity.

Some noise in the corridor behind them tells the heroes they may need to hurry if they don't want to be caught in a pincer in the same room as a powerful devil.

Deeper in the keep

Haruka blast back the first guard in sight, Ashir misses the second but Patrin counter charges him and takes his head off.

He stares at the elite trooper, now just a few feet away.

-''I know we can take him down, but we gotta take him down FAST.'' he urges his allies.

[sblock=Actions]
Archer, vs Raiko, DMG 3 (1d20+9=28)
vs AC, dmg 5 1:Raiko 2:Max (1d20+7=17, 1d20+7=15) misses

Patrin vs guard
charge vs G (1d20+11+1=31)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dimsdale]Hey, I know I pretty much screwed you on the Combat Leader class feature by making initiative irrelevant.

You have access to Martial Power 2? Warlord now have access to a new 'Battlefront' leader class feature that can be chosen in place of Combat leader.

Instead of +2 to initiative, Battlefront leader gain proficiency with heavy shield and then, at the start of a fight, you or one ally within close burst 3 can shift half speed.

This is a very bravura warlord feature and I expect you'll want to swap for that as soon as it's legal. Well, I don't mind if you swap it right now, if you want.
[/sblock]

Hell's Basement 1 on Virtual Battlemat
Hell's Basement 2 on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=status]
Raiko: 22/25 [10/10]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=Dimsdale]Hey, I know I pretty much screwed you on the Combat Leader class feature by making initiative irrelevant.

You have access to Martial Power 2? Warlord now have access to a new 'Battlefront' leader class feature that can be chosen in place of Combat leader.

Instead of +2 to initiative, Battlefront leader gain proficiency with heavy shield and then, at the start of a fight, you or one ally within close burst 3 can shift half speed.

This is a very bravura warlord feature and I expect you'll want to swap for that as soon as it's legal. Well, I don't mind if you swap it right now, if you want.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mal]
yes...Max would like that very much. May I upgrade my light shield to a heavy shield or is that asking too much.

I'll make corrections to my sheet when you let me know.

thanks mal
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Mal]
yes...Max would like that very much. May I upgrade my light shield to a heavy shield or is that asking too much.

I'll make corrections to my sheet when you let me know.

thanks mal
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Of course you can get the heavy shield! There wouldn't be much point in me mentioning it otherwise. ;)[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Haruka blanches at Ashir's mention of his inexperience. "Really? So, all that talk about fighting the Oni was... just talk?" She shakes her head. "Let's deal with the problem at hand," she mutters she sends inky tendrils towards the approaching guard. They linger in the air for a moment before dissipating harmlessly. Haruka doesn't look particularly surprised, even as a long, shallow cut opens on her forehead. Instead, she merely steps back, bowing to Ashir, "Perhaps you will have better luck."

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Curse the elite trooper.
Standard: Vampiric Embrace the elite trooper. Miss. Pity. I'll use Sacrifice to Caiphon to take 1 damage and not lose the power.
Move: Move three squares north, sustaining concealment from Shadow Walk (included in mini-block).[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 3
Initiative: +2 | Passive perception: 10 | Passive Insight: 16
AC: 17 (19) | For: 16 (18)
| Ref: 16 (18) | Will: 15 (17)
HP: 39/40 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Of course you can get the heavy shield! There wouldn't be much point in me mentioning it otherwise. ;)[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Just wanted to make sure :)
[/sblock]

"Ready Raiko?" Max states as he prepares his attack. He hits the guard, slicing his blade deep into his foe's arm. The guard responds by whirling his morningstar towards Max's head, barely missing him. "Now is your chance Raiko! Hit him!" Max shouts to the paladin. But before the paladin can make his attack the guard collapses to the grownd. "Oh...nevermind...Maybe next time against a more challenging foe." Max states with a smirk on his face.

[sblock=actions]
movement: none
minor: none
action: brash attack on guard 2: 1d20+8 = 26 for 14

The target make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. 1d20+7+2 = 17 miss

If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. Raiko gains a +1 bonus to the attack roll (Lend Might) on G2.
[/sblock]

ooc: Can Max's comrades make their own attack and damage rolls when Max uses the Brash Attack power? (free action: +1 to attack roll and Combat Advantage)

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: lol nevermind. The guard is dead. Practice I guess using brash attack power. I've edited the attack to reflect this.

Last edited:

Remove ads