Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You're killing me Mal. Do you have any idea, how much I want Raiko to charge that guy, in a Paladin stupor?!

I added my CB Summary on my first post, 2nd page. Did you want the PDF instead?

This image Works for me.[/sblock]

Raiko's eyes grow steely as the devil walks in the room. With his training, he has no difficulty recognizing the creature. He resists the urge to charge in now and strike at the fiend.

(The following thoughts Raiko is thinking to himself. He does so so strongly that all can hear easily)

The devil is too strong right now. Focus on the enemy at hand Raiko. Strike down the demons. Deal with the devil when the time is right. I vow to return, I vow to return, I vow to return. . .

Raiko takes a place in the line of warriors.

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +0; P.Insight: 18; P.Perception: 13
AC: 20; Fort: 16; Reflex: 13; Will: 14
HP: 25/25; Surges: 6 hp, 10/10
AP: 1

Skills: History +6, Insight +8, Intimidate +8, Religion +4
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 20, Con: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
We may be in some trouble down here as well. Haruka transmits. It looks like we stumbled into a room we weren't supposed to see. Sheng, what does it mean if someone is wearing the same type of robes that you are?

Haruka then grins to the cultists. "Surely you have more important issues than us right now."

[sblock=ooc]CB file and token attached.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Haruka Sato.dnd4e
    98.4 KB · Views: 126
  • Haruka.png
    Haruka.png
    35.4 KB · Views: 114

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng fights to concentrate to reply to his comrade. Devils fighting demons? All that around them. It seemed that Patrin, if he survives, will have to pay some extra money.
"It means she belongs to my clan, speak to her, tell her that the Zim Clan is alive. Tell her that I have information about the amulet of Chaos." he instructs.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Virtualmat]
Please register on Virtualmat. It's free. Then tell me your account name and I will authorize your accounts to access my map.

That way you will be able to move your own token. Actually, you'll be able to move ALL tokens but I trust you will be responsible... (Plus, I will save a snap shot of the map after every turn I make so I'll be able to review if what you did was legal!).

That way, you'll also be able to upload your own token (I already added Haruka). And I don't have to add coordinates to the map (that would have been painful!)

Hell's Basement 2 on Virtual Battlemat

Working on map 1 right now.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]My name is ScorpiusDM. I'v added the dnd4e file below. I wasn't even thinking about the actual file.[/sblock]

Attachments

• raiko1.dnd4e
    110.1 KB · Views: 113

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The Temple

-''The traitor?! The traitor is here? And he has the amulet? Capture them. Capture all the outsiders!'' shrieks the mysterious jadite lady.

Gelname nods and barks orders. Noises can be heard from within the temple.

[sblock=Sheng]
Well, a female relative calling you a traitor pretty much betrays her identiy; It's your cousin Lana.

She was your most vocal opponent when you lobbied in favor of your clan's exodus. Her position toward onis is the opposite of what you expressed in your background: She wants to fight them until they are all gone or until her soul has been obliterated and can no longer haunt them. Her father and two elder brothers died during an oni rampage. She wants the onis out of her ancestral lands at all cost and she particularly wants to destroy the very essence of the oni general that slaughtered her kin. She wasn't a big fan of your exodus proposal, for obvious reasons...[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka]
I am not entirely certain of how Haruka relates to the entity she made a pact with.

Let's just say she feels dread from her patron. Asmodeus forces would like nothing more than to crush your nameless patron's essence into residium.

(Even tough your pact is named (Infernal), you background leads me to think it is linked to onis. Onis are hinted to be demons, not devils, in the various L4W entries. I guess this adventure officially establish onis are indeed demons, I probably should edit the wiki!)
[/sblock]

Entrance

-''You!'' says curtly the jadite guards. ''Surrender your weapons.''

[sblock=OOC]Intiative: Heroes go first! It's gonna be easier that way.

The elite guards the bearded devil are entirely focused on the chtullu wannabe monsters. They ain't going to care about you. The 'G' (Guards) and the 'A' (Archers) are the ones turning on you.

You have a fair idea of the layout of the base thanks to updates from the PCs making the tour, hence the fact that there is no fog of war.

At last, the entire stage has been set. Whew!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Rules]
Lots of people have been running fights my way on this forum.

Basically, your PC act when you post. Post just once per round, then I run all monsters. Easy as pie.

Soon you will get the passive stats of all monsters, from that point on you will be able to know if you hit or not and will run OA against your own PCs if appropriate. I'll carry these monsters stats in all new post where I run the monsters so they are easy to find.

Powers that are 'Until end of your next turn' are usually interpreted as being until the end of the target's next turn. I.E. if a leader gives a striker a +2 to hit TENT, it's basically for the striker's next attack. Even if the leader then acts again before the striker (because he acted last in the previous turn and first in the new turn), the bonus isn't lost.

Similarly, don't go using the a TENT bonus twice by acting after a leader in a round and then again before the leader in the following turn!

Usually, it's just a matter of common sense. I'll step in as necessary.

If a power allows you to move someone, do it yourself! The magic of virtualmat. Be sure to note it in your post is all, in case it can be countered.

Brash strike: I have experience with that! I had a bravura warlord in all of my games in L4W so far. Always assume the enemy takes the free attack offered from brash strike unless I state otherwise. Roll all attacks yourself; your own, the OA and the free attack granted to a colleague.

As an aside; someone suffering from a (Save end) effect may be tempted to delay posting his action in the hope that a colleague will give him a free save... It's okay, I don't mind that.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng frowns deeper. "You dare attack us while the demons are breaking through? Such foolishness. I expected more from the brothers of Jade." Then the sorceror smiles. "But I guess you scream just like anyone else." The gahered vapour in front of Sheng is suddenly expelled forward with a gentle blow of his backhand. As the gas speeds up it turns alight, transforming into a shower of fire!

[sblock=Sheng's actions]Targeting G1, A and G2 with burning spray: 26, 12, 11 to hit, 16 fire dmg Not sure about the stats of the goons so can't make up all the descriptive text.[/sblock]
[sblock=Sheng's stats]Sheng Zim

—Male Human Wild Sorcerer 3
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 15, Will: 18 — Speed: 6
HP: 36/36, Bloodied: 18, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Acid Orb
Chaos Bolt
Burning spray

Bedeviling Burst, Spectral Claw
Chromatic Orb, Deep Shroud[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Thank the ancients. Raiko feels a wave of relief wash over him, knowing he does not have to let these evil doers go on some kind of situation technicality.

"It would be in your best interest to drop your own weapons, you who make oaths to the hellbound!!!" Raiko raises his sword and quickly slides forward, slicing through one guards chest with a spray of blood, and gathering a fair amount of attention in the process.

[sblock=Actions]I don't have edit rights yet (that name again is ScorpiusDM).
Move: Shift forward, so I'm adjacent to G and G1.
Minor: Mark G1 with Divine Challenge. (standard -2 vs others, 4 radiant damage the first time it attacks anyone besides Raiko)
Standard: Piercing Smite vs G1. 20 vs Reflex, 20 damage and G is also marked.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]Raiko, Male Dragonborn Paladin 1 ()
Init: +0; P.Insight: 18; P.Perception: 13
AC: 20; Fort: 16; Reflex: 13; Will: 14
HP: 25/25; Surges: 6 hp, 10/10
AP: 1

Skills: History +6, Insight +8, Intimidate +8, Religion +4
Languages: Common, Draconic
Str: 20, Con: 10, Dex: 10, Int: 8, Wis: 16, Cha: 12

Sling Bullets: 20/20

Divine Challenge, Holy Strike, Valiant Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 per day)
Dragon Breath, Piercing Smite, Second Wind, Chanel Divinity (Divine Mettle/Divine Strength)
Paladin's Judgement[/sblock]

Remove ads