Trapped in Hell's Basement (DM: Mal Malenkirk Judge:Covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
"Oh...shoot. Watch out guys!" Ashir thinks worriedly, then turns to his own plight.

"You'll find us harder to capture than you imagine witch!" Ashir blusters as he looks to Haruka and Patrin to see their reaction.

[sblock=ooc]
Mal - On our map I don't see any enemies... is that a hint?

Oh, forgot to mention it I guess, but Flaming Sphere is memorized, not rolling thunder.
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]
Init: +0 Speed: 6 Perception:12 Insight: 12
AC: 14 NAD:15/14/14
HP: 22/22 Surges: 7/7 Surge Value: 5 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:18 Dex:10 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:18 Cha:8

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands
Chill Strike
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere
Rolling Thunder

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
OOC: Uploaded Sheng's CB sheet and updated wish list! Note that I have uploaded a cool picture in Sheng page, and in the file to use as token.
Renau1g: It seems Ashir has suffered a complete idiomatic shift! Patrin is a bad influence.

Attachments

• Sheng Zim.dnd4e
    95.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I think we need to regroup, guys! exhorts Patrin.

[sblock=Enemies on map 2]You should see Lana and Gelname. Scroll the map toward the East, they are about 24 squares away. And you heard noises answering Gelname's call to arm.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps connects...]...directly from the last drawn square of one map to the other. Yes, the tunnel enlarges curiously and suddenly. What were the architects thinking?[/sblock]

[sblock=scorpiusDM?]
Doesn't work. Did you mix your account name and your real name when you filled the form? I had someone do that in another game.

"It would be in your best interest to drop your own weapons, you who make oaths to the hellbound!!!"

Very Paladin thing to say! ;)

Of course, these guys are pretty much immune to any thought of surrender with Mordekai fighting nearby. They worship the ground he walks on.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Guards (G)
Perception 11
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 13
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
OA +7 vs AC; 5 damage. If another Guard is adjacent to the target, the target also falls prone.
Combat Advantage
The tough’s attack deals 1 extra damage to any target granting combat advantage to it.

Archers (A)
Perception 16
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs AC; 3 damage.
OA none unless they dropped the crossbow and drew a spear
Then; +7 vs AC; 2 damage.
Mob Rule:
The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human archers or guards are within 5 squares of it.
[/sblock]

[Sblock=Virtualmat accounts]
I added Haruka and Renaug1. Scorpius' doesn't seem to work. Voda Vosa and Dimsdale; please get to it!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Actions Update]Scorpius, G1 was fried by Sheng. You killed G0 and marked A0 instead. I uses a tiny green R to indicate someone is marked by Raiko.

Map is up to date.

Need actions for Max, Haruka and Ashir.

Opening a door is a minor action. Gonna be nice and assume Sheng kicked the door open, since he stayed in his position. Why stay cornered, right?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Ashir looks at Haruka for her thoughts, she looks like she's been through difficult times in her life and might have some insight.

He looks at the doors quickly.

[sblock=ooc]
Despite any bravado Ashir's very green and likely nervous here.

Mal - are the doors stone or wood?
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands or Chill Strike
Promise of Storms
Second Wind
Tome of Readiness
Flaming Sphere
Rolling Thunder

Full Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Ashir]Inside the keep, everything is wooden door that can be opened with a minor action.

An exception would be the two large double doors in the temple sanction. They are much heavier and would take a standard action to open except for the fact that they are currently both open, as stated in the fluff post (Presumbaly because Mordekai rushed through there just before the PCs went to the temple. That's why you stare at Gelname from over a hundred feet away.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Temple crew]Note that I added a few guards coming from the south (you see them in the northermost part of the other map).

That's still fewer opposition that what could be out of sight in the temple, though.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Stats, now including the Elite troopers]
Guards (G)
Perception 11
AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 14, Will 13
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
OA +7 vs AC; 5 damage. If another Guard is adjacent to the target, the target also falls prone.
Combat Advantage
The tough’s attack deals 1 extra damage to any target granting combat advantage to it.

Archers (A)
Perception 16
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs AC; 3 damage.
OA none unless they dropped the crossbow and drew a spear
Then; +7 vs AC; 2 damage.
Mob Rule:
The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human archers or guards are within 5 squares of it.

Elite Troopers
Perception 16
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
OA Longsword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+10 vs AC; 1d10+3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the next turn.

Didn't include Mordekai's stats because... well, don't do anything stupid, ok? ;) It's really a full fledged bearded devil.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
[sblock=Regarding Haruka's patron]I have been intentionally very vague regarding her patron's nature (besides being an Oni), or even gender. This conversation hopefully gives a good idea as to their relationship. In general, the Oni is pretty hands off, but it might intervene directly in dire enough circumstances, like the ones Haruka frequently finds herself in.

If you need more, shoot me a PM.[/sblock]

Haruka scowls, seemingly to herself. Sheng, that wasn't as useful as we might have hoped.

She then turns to her companions as she draws a thin black rod from her belt. "Yes! Regroup! This way!" Haruka emphasizes the last statement first by pointing south with her rod, and second by striding in the given direction. As she moves, inky tendrils rise from her shadow and surround her, obscuring her profile.

Haruka pulls to a stop when she reaches the top of the stairs and sees the approaching guards. She grins, "You? You I can kill."

[sblock=When the first enemy moves within 10 squares of Haruka]Haruka raises her rod at the approaching foe. A lash of crackling red energy leaps from the implement to her target, catching him in the chest.[/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]Minor: Draw rod.
Move: Move to the top of the stairs, gaining concealment from Shadow Walk (included in mini-block).
Standard: Ready an action to Eldritch Blast the first enemy to get within 10 squares of me. Hits Reflex 18 for 6 damage. Oh, that was silly. Should have used Eyes of the Vestige. Need to remember I have that power.[/sblock]

[sblock=Haruka's mini-stats]Haruka Sato- human warlock 3
Initiative: +2 | Passive perception: 10 | Passive Insight: 16
AC: 17 (19) | For: 16 (18)
| Ref: 16 (18) | Will: 15 (17)
HP: 40/40 | Bloodied: 20 | Surge value: 10 | Surges: 10/10
Resist: 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Tsugo
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Basic Attack/Opportunity attack: +3 vs AC, 1d6
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Dire Radiance
Vampiric Embrace
Fiery Bolt

Flames of Phlegethos

Ethereal Stride

Deathcut Armor
Prison of Salzacas[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Hurry Patrin, no dallying, we'll clear a path!" Ashir says as he pulls a crystal orb from his pack.

He moves next to Haruka, taking aim at the enemies rushing towards them, "Pretty exciting is it not? I have not done this for real before." he whispers to the human

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Draw orb
Move: next to Haruka
Standard: Ready Scorching Burst for first enemy that comes in range (10 squares) vs ref; fire damage (1d20+4=8, 1d6+8=11) and a nice miss...
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Ashir]

Powers:
Cantrips
Scorching Burst
Thunderwave
Burning Hands