[Traveller d20] The Traveller Adventure:Memoirs from the Crew (updated 1/12!)

Do you even like Traveller?

• Yes! It's the Best.Game.Ever

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • It's alright

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • It's kinda lame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never heard of it

Votes: 2 9.5%

Morte

Explorer
For a cargo van, it looks kind of mean... ;)

They should paint a couple of rows of teeth under the "eyes".

Last edited:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
March Harrier Logo

So I also made a Logo for the crew using Corel Draw.

On the ship is is painted on the rear just above the wings, and there is a smaller one on the launch. I post the badges next!

Attachments

• march harrier logo.JPG
    march harrier logo.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:

honorwolf

First Post
Man, oh man! That merchant ship looks cool. I know we repainted our ship. we should add teeth to it, and a few more weapon pods,and upgrade to Jump 3,and we are rocking. I look forward to exploring the space lanes again. We need more profit. The captain needs to work harder. We are going to make a profit on our wood, but still we need better merchandise to hawk around. We shall see, if our next endeavor is successful. :rolleyes:

Broccli_Head

Explorer
we finally played again!

from The Traveller Adventure: Memoirs of a Merchant
Captain...and His Crew

---Traveller's Aide Society Press, 1116

En Route to Zila System: 72:1114

First Officer's log:

We have been on the run for some time and I am continuing to regret taking on the Vagr as a shipmate. But a shipmate he is and therefore me must continue to protect and support him. Still, Captain Lenard is right. He is nothing but trouble. Run-ins with Tukera are multiplying in spades. Assuredly, they are only a jump behind us, despite all of the work Mr. Atari, our security chief, has done to derail their pursuit. I still do not know what the megacorp is after but I know that they are up to no good. Luudakirurikek suspects they are after Gvoudzon, (the aforementioned Vargr), and his enigmatic brooch.

The crew are coming together just fine. Our morale has been even higher with the addition of Mr. Atari as Security officer and Epetslatl. He and the Zhodani have hit it off very well as if they had been lifelong friends. Epetslatl is always smiling and cheery, though he has no official position and keeps paying his High Passage he is our defacto morale officer. As for Mr. Atari, I respect his paronia and skills but he is a little callous at time, in regards to human life. He and Dr. Chevalier have made an amazing disovery, however. In attempting to hack into and change the ship's transponder to further confound our pursuers, they found that the chip houses a "low sapient AI" [Dr. Chevalier's term]. They have dubbed it "Hal" and tell me they are programming it to lie. "It has the equivalent intelligience of a dog," says Mr. Atari, "but slowly we are 'teaching' it." Then he smiled sinisterly.

Anyway, on to more recent events. We have escaped Pysadi with our 2nd officer and navigator. Lt. Luudakirurikek Gaakhir. It seems that for all our efforts in getting cargo in Pysadi, we will still take a loss. Initially, there was no cargo to be had. We lost out once again to another Tukera subsidary. However, We managed to organize an expedition to the interior to to harvest some rare woods on the planet that could fetch a high price off-world. The people were friendly, cooperative, and deeply religious worshipping something they called the Great Mother.

On the final day of harvesting the wood, Luudakirurikek and I were camping out at the site. Several primate-like creatures that the natives called anolas began hollering and raising a ruckus, and for a brief second it was as if they were talking to us. I almost swear I heard a voice in my ear saying, "Look out! Predator!" (Incidentally, these creatures had been hanging out with us for the week or so that we had been harvesting the exotic woods.)

Within seconds, some sort of large, native, forest cat had pounced upon Luudakirurikek. It began to maul him severely, and it would have ate the both of us if it was not for my training and the Answerin battle call. Long story short: Forest cat versus Imperial Marine + Cutlass = Cat stew and an nice floor rug. The great cat was quick and agile and strong. Luckily I had my cutlass and managed to slay the creature. I wish it did not have to come to that, but it sure did taste good if not a bit tough. Somehow the family group of anolas calmed Luudakirurikek and stabilized him, preventing him from going into shock. It was strange. They had descended for the trees, and had calmly put there little paws on him and were humming. I kid you not. After that, even with Luudakirurikek saved, things just got much worse. We stayed up there a day more to let him recover while I managed some basic trauma care.

When we came down from the mountain back to the village, with the anolas in tow. (They seemed quite attached to Luudakirurikek, so they came with us. Why would we not want them with us. After all, the anolas had saved our lives!) The people who had been friendly to us before were now staying away from us as if we had contracted some disease. When we confronted Jamuss ( a native whom we had befriended). He warned us away and said , "If you were ever our friends get away now." So we left and took the train back to the main settlement, Itzeny.

There, we were surrounded and threatened. Apparently, the anolas were sacred animals of the Great Mother. Only a priest could touch them. The sentence for a lay person who broke that law was death. However, they gave us a choice. Luudakirurikek who had bonded to the anolas, could chose to be a holyman of their faith. He would remain on Pysadi where he would live the rest of his days.

At gun point (they had a total of three revolvers among them) they told us to leave. When we resisted, they removed our filter masks and we all quickly succumbed to the tainted atmosphere and passed out. When we awoke we were on a train back to Sadi and the main starport. Mr. Atari was inscensed. He wanted to go back and wipe out the village. Even our cargo-bus could do that, he told us. These were peaceful people I reminded the crew and especially Mr. Atari. True, we could have killed them and left with Luudakirurikek but it would have been a slaugther. "Soldiers deserve soldiers."

In defense of the Pysadian people, they were fair. The harvested wood that we had worked so hard to collect was shipped with us by train and even loaded onto our ship. The favor did come with a stern warning to "Never come back to Pysadi." But not liking the idea of leaving one of our own behind, coupled with the fact that only the starport had any means to stop us or even detect us, we decided to do a night op.

We left planetside with our cargo, cleared starport and used the Launch to sneak back onto planet. Epestatl, Atari, Vincent, and I landed near Itzeny. Epstatl and Atari, with tranq rounds in their firearms proceeded stealthly into the main compound of where Luudakirurikekwas being kept a gilded prisoner. The Op was a success and we recovered our willing and able navigator with no trouble

(note: Lu seemed drowsy and drugged when we recovered him. I am wondering if the natives had given him a healthy dose of their atmosphere to keep him sedated and affect his memory. He insists that it was the after-effects of the tranq rounds that Atari had pumped into him when he questioned wanting to leave. This I doubt. Dr. Chevalier has assured me that here are no lasting side-effects from tranq rounds.)

We left with Lu explained to the captain it is not kidnapping a holy man but we were rescuing member of our crew. It was in fact they the natives who were kidnapping. I am sure interstellar law will see it our way on this one, but just to be safe, we will not be returning to Pysadi in the near future.

Despite all our precautions we were noticed. Fortunately, we were already in orbit and en route to 100d for jump, before any action could be taken, and to delay any pursuit even further, Gvoudzon proved his usefulness in talking down one of the Vagr traders in the starport who were being pressured by the local government to come and get us. The other Vargr captain wanted compensation to not chase us, but sometimes you have to know how to talk to them. I blustered and rose to my full height on the screen, getting the captain of the trader to tuck his tail between his legs. How is that for diplomacy?

With this accomplished we set our jump coordinates to Zila. Despite it being an amber zone, it was the only choice. The other system in range was the interdicted Lewis system, owned by Tukera. Fuel is expensive and without cargo to sell we are losing money. We will have to start dipping into our shadow fund, if things do not start to turn around. That would delay neccesary upgrades. Soldiering was so much more simple.

According to Rani kai Lani's books we lost 20 KCr in that last venture. I doubt we will be able to unload our 36 tons of exotic wood in Zila, another backwater world, but hopefully our luck will change.

Last edited:

Remove ads