Traveller is Hot ?

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
I played D & D first but being a sci-fi lover. I had done my D & D in space. But my creation was left in the drawer when I acquired Traveler's black box.
I liked being able to make my stellar map, my planet, and even my creatures ... This was the first role-playing game that gave me a framework for my creations.

Ryujin

Legend
I rather liked the game, though I never took well to the idea of my characters dying off during character creation. After all you're creating someone who is to exist in-game NOW, so how could he have died back then?

My favourite character was a mustered-out Colonel, turned trader and big game hunter, who had an uncanny knack for shooting foes in the faceplate.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I'd love to get a Traveller game going with my groups, maybe when my current game is done. We just never did any long term sci-fi gaming during my 30 years of role playing and that is the one I want to try. I have the first Mongoose version and will probably grab the new book at some point.

Ryujin

Legend
It's a pity that the "Spinward Traveller TV Pilot" thing all fell apart. So many more people could have been exposed to the Traveller universe. What a mess.

darjr

I crit!
One of the greatest rules in Mongoose Traveller was the rule were two characters could get a benefit in character creation but only if they tied that benefit together in some background event. Every group I ran that did that became a party before session one. In fact it made character creation an event full of RP.

That rule is subtle, and powerful. It drew in the players and set a wake of association between PC that echoed down the campaign. But also got out of the way.

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
In the MegaTraveller edition, the process of creating the characters is even more detailed, your character may have studied, in addition, during your work you can know in which missions you missed your survival throw. It's not just a four-year period, but each of the 4 years that is throwing to find out what your character has acquired as skills before dying.
Example: in a mission of hostess of an interstellar cruise.

Remove ads