Treasure for a 2nd level party

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Vorput: Okay, I will look through the DMG a bit and see what I can find. I will prolly give the monk some gloves that add +1 to his damage or attack, havent decided yet. :)

Psychich Warrior: They will have breaks in between the fights. They are going to be going through the town and fighting different groups of guards, so maybe 4 in one group, then a little deeper in the town 3 more. :)

NexH: Doh, but we sort of let Bards be proficient with longbows, it has just sort of slipped into all our games. :)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Gal,

Well that. I just don't have much to add since it's not like you're handing out staves of power or something akin to it.

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Gal,

Well that. I just don't have much to add since it's not like you're handing out staves of power or something akin to it.

Oh ok. :)

On a side note, I have added an Ogre Barbarian and his bear animal companion in the mix, as well as some of his orc minions. He has sided with the evil Sorcerer and Cleric in order to get some loot for himself. He is a famous bandit in the area. :)

Sejs

First Post
Add some healing potions, they're always welcome, particularly at low levels.

Fluff up the treasure some. It's not a masterwork greatsword, it's a greatsword with a golden crosspiece in the shape of an eagle with its wings extended straight up, forming the quillions. Oh and it also happens to be masterwork.

It's not just a breastplate, it's a leather-chased steel breastplate with some nice engraving work, and a matching wool tabard emblazoned with a symbol depicting three crossed spears.

It's not just 600gp, it's a bulging purse of what must easily be a couple thousand imperial silver marks (sp, natch) in a footlocker along with a matched pair of mother-of-pearl inlaid handmirrors, a heavy gold ring set with a big orange jewel, four or five necklaces (mostly fine chains, one wire-work pendant), a really swanky looking porcelain tea service in a wicker case, and a bolt of silk cloth as thick as your arm. But the total value's around 600 gp. :D

hopeless

Adventurer
Reg: 2nd level party

What characters are they running by the way?
Gnomish Rogue

Human Wizard Scroll of Shield, Ring of Protection +1

Human Bard Composite Longbow +1

Human Paladin Breastplate, Masterwork Great Sword

Halfling Monk

Dwarven Cleric Masterwork Heavy Mace

I'd give the ring to the Monk and just arrange for that scroll to be a scrollcase holding 2-3 scrolls given their level one of those scrolls being a 2nd level spell the rest 1st.
Adding at least a jewelled dagger or masterwork one for the benefit of the gnome rogue and it should pass muster. By the way you might want to specify whether that +1 bow adds its attack bonus to damage when its used as a club, sooner or later they are going to try that if they can't get their weapons enchanted or find others (My cleric wielded a bastard sword and after two years of game time where a dwarven fighter had his weapon enchanted by the blessing of his god I had to get a replacement sword enchanted and it took aomost three years before splashing out on enchanted armour and shield note bought not found as the only shield we found was deicated to an evil deity and this is in Faerun)

hopeless

Adventurer
Reg: 2nd level party

What characters are they running by the way?
Gnomish Rogue ?
Human Wizard Scroll of Shield, Ring of Protection +1
Human Bard Composite Longbow +1
Human Paladin Breastplate, Masterwork Great Sword
Halfling Monk ?
Dwarven Cleric Masterwork Heavy Mace

Jdvn1: They just hit 2nd level, but with all the combat next session they will prolly hit 3rd.

No offence but I'd still add at least a jewelled dagger for the "gnome rogue" to drool over and have the monk take the ring. How about exchanging that scroll for a scroll case and having it hold 3 scrolls one of which is a 2nd level wizard spell for the wizard to pore over as he's soon to be 3rd level.
Out of curiosity who was carrying this equipment? If it was worn by the guards and they're under someone else's control then doesn't the town own those items and are they stealing them by claiming them for themselves?
Whats the storyline behind your scenario, what have they learned so far about the mastermind and his clerical minion (s)?
It might be worth providing a story behind the scroll in particular, was it stolen at the behest of the sorceror who is gathering all of the magic in town for preparation as his role as the conqueror and ruler of the town and then expand on that?
Is he just a lowly minion for someone else?

DARN double post!

Remove ads