• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Treasure Hunter Adventures for the Savage Worlds RPG

NMC

Explorer
Fifteen years ago I had the pleasure of working on a project called Treasure Hunter, one that was based on the (in my opinion, underrated) d20 Modern RPG. The core supplement was followed by three adventures, all set in Greece, but a variety of factors meant that it never really picked up any momentum. Eventually I moved on to other projects, but the desire to write treasure hunter-themed adventures stuck with me. Some time thereafter I started playing the Savage Worlds RPG, and found that I enjoyed the “Fast, Furious, Fun” nature of that game. For that reason, I've started putting together a supplement, which provides suggestions for writing adventures in that genre, using the newest edition of that game.

The first part I'd like to share is a set of character archetypes.

-Nate

I like the archetypes. I'm unfamiliar with the exact way the system is run, so the specifics of skill sets I couldn't tell if they were balanced. The the tropes I think were nailed correctly. Particularly like the Face Dealer. He's a good idea.

NMC

Explorer
Here's a preview of the first full scenario for Treasure Hunter Adventures using the Savage Worlds RPG; it is called The Death Mask of Hatshepsut.

-Nate

NMC

Explorer
Here's a preview of Treasure Hunter Adventures 2: Prizes, Puzzles and Perils. Presented here is one of the four organizations detailed in that supplement, the Office of Strategic Services.

-Nate

Remove ads