• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trend Micro Problem

Villano

First Post
I have Trend Micro Pro. The subscription doesn't expire until the 15th, but when I turned it on today (the 13th), I got an error message which reads:

Your Trend Micro Internet Security serial number cannot support the Pro version. Please install Trend Micro Internet Security instead.

Anyone know what's wrong? I've had Pro on this computer and can't understand why it's suddenly telling me to use the other version (or why I got the message before my subscription expired). And will I have to uninstall the Pro version and upload the regular version?

ssampier

First Post
I used to use Trend Micro. I liked it okay.

I have found it Trend Micro can be finicky with serial numbers. Usually it will give a random error for no particular reason.

Try restarting your computer. No surprise there.

If it lets you try updating your software, occasionally that solves problems, since the last update was messed up.

Last but not least, try downloading the new version of Trend Micro. With a valid license you can download a new version for the same price as the old (I bought 07, renewed, and was able to download 08).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads