• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trick or Treat?

ssampier

First Post
Aurora said:
IIn my communist town, they have trick-or-treating between 6 and 8 pm and it's not even always on Halloween. I remember in San Diego, we would go Trick or Treating till 11pm.

We had 5 kids tonight. Although, we live on a sidestreet that we are the only house on! Nice and private :)

Communist, eh?

In Utah it's pretty common to trick or treat early especially if Halloween falls on a Sunday. I believe the malls in the urban areas did theirs on Saturday for some reason. :uhoh:

I am on a trip on business. I was a bit worried there would be a lot of trick-or-treaters out. There was only about a dozen or so I witnessed.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
We have tri or treaters in the neighborhood, one of my neighbors is having a party. None of the kids come by our house though. That'll change when my nephew gets older.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
We probably had about 30 kids. I think we would have had a lot more if we didn't live on the "Anti-Halloween Block." Out of roughly 20 houses on our street only one other had their light on and was giving anything out.

By comparison, a house a block over went all out with their decorations and when I drove by they had a good 20-30 kids just at that one instant. I really need to swing by today and take photos because their setup was spectacular.

WmRAllen67

First Post
I had two for the entire night...

If I pace myself, I should be finished with this pile of leftover candy just in time for the chocolate bunnies to come around...

ssampier

First Post
WmRAllen67 said:
I had two for the entire night...

If I pace myself, I should be finished with this pile of leftover candy just in time for the chocolate bunnies to come around...

That sounds like good pacing. At least you're not waiting for the Christmas candy to come out.

PhilReed, any pics you want to post? Not of the crap, but the neighbors setup.

Dingleberry

First Post
We had around 80, which is fewer than the last few years. There definitely weren't as many preschoolers. I suspect the weather is partly to blame: it dropped into the the 30s shortly after sundown.

Infiniti2000

First Post
There were quite a few around our neighborhood. I took my 2 1/2 year old out for the first time and he had a blast! It was awesome, let me tell you.

Stormborn

Explorer
It seems like the options are Lots or None. How many of you live in communities where a designated time is set, espcially one thats not Halloween night?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads