• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trick or Treat?

tonym

First Post
philreed said:
Well, now I get to clean crap off of the car and house. That'll teach me to give the kids anything.

Somebody threw poo at your house and car?

That's weird. I never heard of kids throwing poo on Halloween.

Do you have dog poo in your yard? Maybe a kid tripped and fell into dog poo and went stark raving mad.

Anyhow...ewww.

Tony M

Aeolius

Adventurer
I live on 20 acres with a driveway a third of a mile long. My street is a 45 mph zone with no sidewalks. No trick-or-treaters. A pity; I had a pot of beef stew that I could ladle into their bags. :D

Halloween was on Tuesday, as well, meaning the kids had to trick-or-treat early. Next year it falls on Wednesday. I'd bet cash money that some tavern will have a "Hump-Day Halloween Bash" ;)

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
We had 18 kids, between 5:30 and 8:00. IIRC, it was a little more than last year. (Continually amazes me, as I live in a city - by definition, densely populated. OTOH, in my small hometown of barely 1000 people where my parents still live, they get between 50-100, between 5:00 and 9:30. Weird.)

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
philreed said:
Well, now I get to clean crap off of the car and house. That'll teach me to give the kids anything.

Some folks have to ruin it for the rest of us.

Aurora

First Post
philreed said:
Next year, I recommend bringing lawn chairs out to the end of the driveway and sit there with a bowl of candy and a cooler full of your beverage of choice......

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Those 11 kids were all we got. If I had gotten home earlier we might have had more. All under 12. I expected a few older ones. No scary ones either. I think a few tried to be scary but were to small and cute to be anything else.

Aurora

First Post
Speaking of small and cute....meet mini Aurora dressed up as Tink......I swear she looks more like me everyday. (The wall puts a funny orange cast on the top of her head. Her hair is blonde)
Halloweencollage.jpg

Dingleberry

First Post
Aurora said:
Speaking of small and cute....meet mini Aurora dressed up as Tink......I swear she looks more like me everyday. (The wall puts a funny orange cast on the top of her head. Her hair is blonde)
She's adorable!

Our 21-month old was cute in his Spider-man costume, but he didn't care much for it, or for the trick-or-treaters. In retrospect, maybe I should've saved my "with great power comes great responsibility" speech for next year.

Arkham

First Post
We got about 10 _after_ I finished taking my 23 month and 7 year old on their rounds. I expect my wife was quite busy while we were out. And even then we had a late start, having been at my son's school carnival earlier.

But we live in a fairly large apartment complex, there are _lots_ of kids around.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Aurora said:
Next year, I recommend bringing lawn chairs out to the end of the driveway and sit there with a bowl of candy and a cooler full of your beverage of choice......

As long as it's NOT beer. That probably wouldn't be a good idea. ;)

Oh, and especially don't offer that to the kids.

Remove ads