Tristalt - What would you build?

Visigani

Banned
Banned
Restricted to three core classes from any book. No prestige classes. Any +0 LA Race, no templates.

What would you build?

Personally, I find a human Wizard/Archivist/Kung Fu Genius Monk especially appealing.

How about you?

Last edited:

Jack Simth

First Post
Restricted to three core classes from any book. No prestige classes. Any +0 LA Race, no templates.

What would you build?

Personally, I find a human Wizard/Archivist/Kung Fu Genius Monk especially appealing.

How about you?

Probably a Sorcerer//(possibly variant) Paladin//Ninja

Trapfinding, a little healing, full Charisma-based spellcasting, Charisma to saves, and with a feat, Charisma to AC, as well.

Celebrim

Legend

What would you build?

For the purposes of the thread only, probably a Rogue/Beguiler/Warblade. Possibly a Factotum/Swashbuckler/Cleric. But that's as much thought as I'm going to put into it.

To be fully frank, I'd never play in such a game and am generally turned off by anything gesalt or which even mentions it. I believe that it violates or attempts to violate the fundamental rule of Role Playing Games, name, "Thou Shalt Not Be Good at Everything." and outside of just for kicks hyotheticals like 'Which Divine Domains would you take if your character began play as a God?" (which honestly sounds more interesting than gestalt if only because its more novel) see the entire concept as a blight on good play.

nijineko

Explorer
hmmm, feytouched for race, i think, since they have a level breakdown; only take the base race, not the la level. sorcerer plus paladin and wilder. leadership. use selectively persisted mental pinnacle and metaconcert with cohorts and followers to boost the pp and powers known when needed. also can use aforementioned to ignore armor completely. many other fun possibilities for theoretical optimization.

gorfnab

First Post
Human Warblade // Factotum // Wizard
Warforged Warblade // Factotum // Artificer
Scout // Druid // Barbarian
Sorcerer // Paladin // Crusader
Warlock // Binder // Hexblade
OA Samurai // Swordsage // Scout
Dragon Shaman // Bard // Crusader

Last edited:

Visigani

Banned
Banned
For the purposes of the thread only, probably a Rogue/Beguiler/Warblade. Possibly a Factotum/Swashbuckler/Cleric. But that's as much thought as I'm going to put into it.

To be fully frank, I'd never play in such a game and am generally turned off by anything gesalt or which even mentions it. I believe that it violates or attempts to violate the fundamental rule of Role Playing Games, name, "Thou Shalt Not Be Good at Everything." and outside of just for kicks hyotheticals like 'Which Divine Domains would you take if your character began play as a God?" (which honestly sounds more interesting than gestalt if only because its more novel) see the entire concept as a blight on good play.

I believe this is a narrow view. Even if you made a character concievably good at everything. If you gave them every single class feature for all the base classes in all the books... they would be extremely powerful, but they would be, by no means, invincible.

Batman might have some seriously compelling storylines... but so does Superman.... and there's a guy who can do pretty much everything.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
To echo @gorfnab : Human Warblade//Factotum//Wizard.

Changeling Beguiler//Factotum//Duskblade
Human Fighter//Psycic Warrior//Warblade
Warforged Druid//Cleric//Barbarian
Halfling Rogue//Swordsage//Factotum
Human Wizard//Archivist//Factotum
Human Warlock//Fighter//Scout

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
BttleSorc/Beguiler/WarMage, with the Draconic Heritage & Draconic Breath (Lightning) feats. Wear Scale Mail. Call him...Ghidorah...breathe lightning bolts all damn day.

(or Sorc/Monk/Soulknife OR Sorc/Monk/OA Samurai OR Sorc/OA Shaman/OA Samurai OR Sorc/OA Sohei/OA Samurai with same breath weapon feats & call him Raiden Yoshimitsu...*)

* all OA classes selected used w/Dragon #317 update to 3.5Ed

Last edited:

Remove ads