• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TROLL POLL #4: Classy Choices... How do you decide what to let in?

Top of the Class?

• Let loose the flood gates! All prestige classes welcome!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Being a D&D purist, I only use prestige classes from Wizards

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I only use prestige classes from Wizards and/or select d20 companies

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I only use prestige classes that were designed solely for a particular campaign setting.

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Players are limited in the number of prestige classes they may take.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I scrutinize each prestige class for balance, compatibility and other factors important to my game.

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • I set a maximum limit on the number of prestige classes that exist in my game.

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • I tweak prestige classes to suit my campaign.

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • No prestige classes allowed (explain please)

Votes: 1 3.1%

TrubbulTheTroll

First Post
So that new book you bought has a few prestige classes... And your player just downloaded a new Prestige Class off the net... And then there is that article in Dragon with loads of cool Prestige Classes. How do you pick and choose which ones to let in your game?

Vote and let us know which method you are most likely to use. If you use more than one, post it here and let us know your reasoning! Take the poll!

diaglo

Adventurer
black avenger or other PrC are on a case by case basis.

but the answer is usually...complete the quest. by the end of the quest the player has changed their mind.:eek:

Jeph

Explorer
I usually go through my books, and make a list of PrCs that are appropriate to the setting and power level of the game.

Remove ads