Trouble in the Heartland...Maiden Voyage

Zach flashes Mila an impish grin and winks: "Hey babe, I'm older than I look... genetically blessed. And I'm getting older by the second here." He stands suddenly and snaps his fingers, producing a pack of swanky, hand rolled cigarettes. He lights one up, offering the pack to Mila as a second thought. "Which is why that guy over there has the right idea," jutting his thumb in Joseph's direction, "First one's on me guy! Say, I'm Zach by the way, pleased to meet you all I'm sure and all that..." Zach bounces off toward the Texas lounge, cigarette in hand, not really waiting for a response.

cryptkpr9

First Post
Ulrich turns and notices everyone outside the 'Texas Lounge'. He listens to what they have to say. He thinks to himself how did I win this trip? I never entered any contest. Then who entered me into the contest. I should do some research on this tonight before I eat. Hmmm.... very interesting. Ulrich finally speaks up and says " Hi, I'm Ulrich Lyoko. Nice to meet you all. I don't think i'll be joining you for a drink for a while. There is something I want to check out first. I'll see you all at the 'Texas lounge' in an hour. And once again it was nice meeting you all." Walks back to his room to do some research on the boat, the contest and anything relating to it.

Gramcrackered

First Post
Tom doesn't really respond to anything the other contestants say, so much as grunt once or twice disinterestedly. He does, however, follow the group as they move to head for the lounge, albeit at his own pace.

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
Ulrich:
Your computer research online yields the following information in an hour:

1) The Illinois Queen is wholly owned by a company the Grant Corporation. It is their first foray into anything along the shipping and or transportation business. They do most of thier business in real estate and tourism / resorts. They are heavily involved in building and selling time-shares, and own large tracts of property near Branson, Mo, Memphis, Tn, and Cairo, Il.

2) The contest was concieved and run by a PR firm named Jackson, Jackson and Rice (JJR). They basically picked people at random from the telephone listings, although no specific mechanism is detailed.

Last edited:

cdsaint

First Post
As you sit in the Texas Lounge the strains of country western classics reach your ears from the showroom on the first level of the boat. There is a dartboard in the Lounge, although noone is currently playing. At the mention of a pool table, the bartender smiles and explains that with the rocking of the boat it wouldn't have worked out well.

As you sit (or play darts) and drink, there is a steady stream of people coming through checking things out. There is a family of four (father, mother, son and daughter) decked out in period garb, the parents glare at you when they see you drinking. Also the older gentleman (80 if he's a day) with his oh so much younger (late 20's) red headed sex kitten (who sends a provacative wink Zachary's way), and numerous others of a much more nondescript variety.

Around 4pm a well tanned gentleman in a vaguely military (in the early 1900's style) uniform strides into the Lounge and glances around briefly before heading over to your table. "Good afternoon folks, I'm Roger Grant, the owner of this floating palace. How are you all enjoying your cruise so far?"

rayneedaze

First Post
Mila turns away from the dart board and turns to Roger Grant: "I don't know how much more of this music I can take." Then throws at dart at the board.

cryptkpr9

First Post
I'd like to get more info ontheir time shares and property near Branson, Mo, Memphis, Tn, and Cairo, Il,and i would also like to get more info on Jackson, Jackson and Rice (JJR),and his firm.

cryptkpr9

First Post
Ulrich walks up to Roger Grant. "Sir, it is nice to finally meet you. What part of the military where you in?" Ulrich continues to talk to him about his past. "Where are we heading by the way? Ulrich asks. After Roger finishes Ulrich walks back to his room to type up what Roger said. Then returns shortly there after.

Last edited:

Zaarin

First Post
Joseph looks at Roger and perks up upon hearing about his status. "Hello sir, I'm Joseph Lounds, I'm a reporter and I'd like a word with you about this cruise." Joseph promply takes a picture and takes out his notepad, and then looks up at Roger for a comment.

Last edited:

Gramcrackered

First Post
"Fan-tas-tic," Tom mutters in response to Roger's question...though he doesn't really say it with any real intention of it being heard, what with Tom not really giving a damn and Roger already having plenty of people to talk to suddenly.

With no strong interest in attempting darts or listening to the music up close and personal, Tom plops himself grumpily near the bartender, motioning for a beer. At this rate, this was gonna be one Hell of a looooooong vacation...

Remove ads