• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True 20 - Is it really Simpler?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
The_One_Warlock said:
Oooh, ooh, here's Role benefit for use with conviction:

A Villain may spend conviction during any scene/encounter to improve the capabilities of his minions. The Villain grants, through planning (a la Master Plan), charisma or special training, a benefit to those who call him Master. A Villain may spend as many conviction as he wants when he uses this ability. For each conviction so spent, all minions (ie, real minions, those guys who fall over dead with a single hit) present in the encounter gains either a +1 to combat and saves (to a maximum equal to 1/4 the PC's highest level), or may shrug off one strike (ie, the minion takes a hit, and rather than falling, is considered wounded, but can still stand and fight for his master). The bonus must be chosen by the Villain when the conviction is used, and must be the same benefit for all minions present.

The benefit lasts until the end of the encounter, the Villain's level in rounds, or until the Villain leaves the encounter area, whichever comes first.

Cheesy perhaps, but it feels villainee...
Yes, yes it does feel villainee.
That's a mighty mean Villain role you have there. :cool:

Akrasia

Procrastinator
I'd be curious to know whether there are any short pre-made adventures for True20, specifically, adventures that might serve for a 'one-shot' playtest session?

I know about the True20 version of the first Freeport module, but that seems a lot more involved and time consuming than what I'm looking for.

Essentially, I think that I might want to use True20 for my next campaign, but I'd like to run a session with my players first in order to see what they think of it.

If all else fails, I could convert one of the short adventures from Goodman Games' DCC29 ("Adventure Begins"), but if there is something available online (preferably in the 'fantasy' genre), I would love to look at it!
:)

Remove ads