• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True Spontaneous Spellcaster

Octal40

Explorer
If you can swing it, playing a Wizard with spell points (from UA) is pretty much it. Swap out spells known each day, spend spell points as desired to cast whatever spell I need. No need to prep 3 fireballs. Prep one, but I can still cast it as long as I have the points. It's very nice.

Thanee

First Post
Actually, I wouldn't even count the warmage... their spell list is pretty much restricted to a personal repertoire to begin with. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
And here's my spontaneous idea for a spontaneous caster who does not need to pick spells...

Just take the sorcerer and give the class access to the following spells known (choose one when creating the character, all schools not listed are removed from the class spell list):

• All Divination and Abjuration
  • All Enchantment and Illusion
  • All Evocation and Necromancy
  • All Conjuration
  • All Transmutation

Note: I have no idea how balanced, broken, over- or underpowered this is. :p

Bye
Thanee

Blaque

First Post
The Artificer from Eberron technically is like this with his infusions actually. He casts spontaneously, but from any of the ones in the corebook list, and any others from sourcebooks are either "always there" or found in-game, depending on your DM.

Stuff.

tecnowraith

First Post
Blaque said:
The Artificer from Eberron technically is like this with his infusions actually. He casts spontaneously, but from any of the ones in the corebook list, and any others from sourcebooks are either "always there" or found in-game, depending on your DM.

Stuff.

Not really, he has his own unique list and magical workings...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads