• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True20: Nevermore campaign setting (the Big Bad Book) is in my Hands!

jaldaen

First Post
So I just got a package the other day from Expeditious Retreat Press... and inside this package was the Big "Bad" Book... otherwise known as the World of Nevermore campaign book (due out later this month and at Gen Con).

It weighs in at about 200 pgs with some fine art by Joan Guardiet, David Esbri, Scott Purdy, and V. Shane!

It has 13 chapters (how appropriate!), which in order are:

1) The Nevermore Gazetteer.
The chapter that started it all by winning a slot in Green Ronin's Worlds of Adventure contest and then got nominated for Best Electronic Book and Best Free Product at the ENNies​
2) The Heartlands: Land of Reverie.
Seelie, Unseelie, and Glaseelie fey... oh my!​
3) The Wyrd: Land of Lore.
You want surreal! I've got surreal right here!​
4) The Dreadlands: Land of Nightmares!!!
This was my favorite chapter to write... and my editor even mentioned how especially evil the place is​
5) The Hedge: The Land that Lies Between.
This is a place in-between other places and it does not like to be crossed. ;)
6) The Eye: Land of Hope.
Looking for a respite from the schemes of the Unseelie fey, the plots of the diaboli, and the predations of nightmares... this is a fine place to rest and relax... sometimes.​
7) Playing in Nevermore.
All the rules you need to know about how to play in a surreal setting.​
8) Aspects of Nevermore.
Most creatures in the world of Nevermore have aspects which reflect something about their inner nature, some transform mortals into aberrant or bestial creatures, others infuse them with elemental or surreal forces.​
9) Feats of Nevermore.
Want a celestial familiar? Minions? Wild powers and aspects? These are just a few of the feats available to you in Nevermore.​
10) Paths of Nevermore.
Nevermore is chalk full of organizations, both good, bad, and ugly. Most of the paths presented in this section are for the good organizations, but there is one path that lies outside of the distinction btween good and evil... the Dreamlord... ever wanted to create a realm from mere thoughts? If so, this is the path for you and anyone else interested in ruling a kingdom of their own in the dreamlands.​
11) Flora, Fauna, and Foes.
Ever wondered what might live within a world of dreams? I did and so I created a whole host of creatures for you to enjoy (or fear) for your campaigns. I am especially proud of the diaboli... the undead demonspawn that are one of the main anagonists of the world of Nevermore.​
12) Items of Nevermore.
Get your supernatural items here! We've got armors, artifacts, weapons, and even a few cursed items for sale... or for finding... All of these supernatural items use the Liber Artefactorum item creation rules. ;)
13) Big Trouble in Little Oaktown.
This adventure introduces a group of heroes to the world of Nevermore and is intended for a party of four to six 1st level heroes.​

For those interested in checking out Nevermore while waiting for the Big Bad Book to hit the shelves... here's a link to the Nevermore campaign setting's Nevermore Gazetteer by Expeditious Retreat Press (nominated for Best Electronic Book and Best Free Product at last years ENnies). What makes it even better is that it is available for free at Your Games Now!

There are a lot of rules within the Nevermore campaign setting that can be borrowed/stolen to enhance just about any True20 campaign. The setting itself assumes a "high fantasy" world, but I specifically designed it to be compatible with any other setting around with a few tweaks here and there. In fact the young adult's novel I'm working on for Nevermore is set in the modern world with Nevermore as the dreamlands of the Mortal World.

The BBB is 200 pages of pure surreal campaign setting useable with any other True20 campaign as an add-on to your current campaign (for side-treks or short quests) or a stand alone setting for an entire campaign. ;)

Last edited:

jaldaen

First Post
Crothian said:
This is something I pick up after Origins as long as I don't overspend there for the 6th year in a row. :D

Puts on Jedi robes... "Those are not the books you are looking for. Move along to Nevermore."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads