• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True20 question

yipwyg42

First Post
I was wondering if True20 has the option to use a hit point system instead of the default damage conversion. I don't mind the damage conversion, but it might be easier convincing my players to try it out if it also has a hp option.

Thanks

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
No it doesn't, although there are people on the true20 forums who discuss such things, so you could pop along there and have a look.

Personally, I'd think that the damage save mechanism is so central to True20 that running it with hp would make it quite a different game, but YMMV. www.true20.com/forum is the best place to look though.

Cheers

Vigilance

Explorer
I believe M&M 1st edition had rules for that. But since the vast majority of people playing the game love the damage save, I think they left it alone after that.

Pbartender

First Post
Another True20 question for anyone who cares to answer...

How easy is it to convert D&D 3.5 material over to it? Say, for example, that I wanted to run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft as a Victorian Age Horror adventure using True20. How much trouble would it be to convert the monsters' hp and damage dice to True20 standard?

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Pbartender said:

How easy is it to convert D&D 3.5 material over to it? Say, for example, that I wanted to run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft as a Victorian Age Horror adventure using True20. How much trouble would it be to convert the monsters' hp and damage dice to True20 standard?
Not very. There's an appendix of the main book devoted to converting other d20 material to True20. Additionally, the True20 Bestiary has more detailed guidelines for converting monsters.

Overall, I've found conversions to be quick and simple.

Pbartender

First Post
ValhallaGH said:
Not very. There's an appendix of the main book devoted to converting other d20 material to True20. Additionally, the True20 Bestiary has more detailed guidelines for converting monsters.

Overall, I've found conversions to be quick and simple.

Nice. It's one of the few parts of the Rulebook that wasn't included in the Pocket guide.

I think I'll have to save up to get the full Rulebook and the Bestiary... Then maybe pick up a few extra pocket guides to give to my players as Christmas presents.

bento

Explorer
Pbartender said:

I took a stab at a converted Stradh and posted it to the True20 board.

I personally don't find it difficult at all, and I continue to purchase 3.5 books while running True20.

bento

Explorer
Pbartender said:
Nice. It's one of the few parts of the Rulebook that wasn't included in the Pocket guide.

I think I'll have to save up to get the full Rulebook and the Bestiary... Then maybe pick up a few extra pocket guides to give to my players as Christmas presents.

I wouldn't get the full book if you have the pocket edition. The Bestiary goes into much greater detail on 3.5 conversions.

Jim Hague

First Post
Pbartender said:

Might I also suggest the Companion? Plenty of cool stuff in there for Fantasy and Horror games. Veddy useful.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads