TSR Archive dead (?)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Thanks for the update Deathshade! I'm having trouble grabbing that zipped file (nobody seems to be uploading), but that mirror is working great. :)

I also found a post on that RPG.net forum saying that the original webmaster posted on another thread over at the Acaeum. I followed his link, and eventually found this post (scroll down about halfway to see it) from August 30th:

blackdougal said:
Hello all! I'm alive and mostly well, just extremely busy. Work, kids, blah, blah, blah... you know the deal. So anyway, the provider that was hosting the site has been defunct for years so it's kinda miraculous that it lasted this long. So I guess it's finally time to get unlazy and find a new host. Sigh. Maybe that'll encourage me to actually update it too, huh? Honestly, I've been thinking about revamping the whole thing anyway but finding the time is really tough these days.

So at least we know it wasn't removed intentionally. That's not nothing.

havard

Adventurer
That is great news. That site has been a very useful resource. It would be great to see it back and maybe even updated? :)

-Havard

caelum

First Post
I can also suggest the RPGGeek database as an excellent resource for finding games and supplements, not only for D&D but other RPGs. The site is certainly not complete, but D&D is quite well-covered, and users are encouraged to add to the database.

Remove ads