• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turing Point PbP OoC Thread

Sushi

First Post
I hope I am not to much of a bother but I had to ask something. It nags me every time I see the title of this thread.

What is a Turing Point?

Or did you mean to say Turning Point.

Last edited:

johndaw16

Explorer
Well Sushi it has to do with AI, just look up what a Turing Test is and you'll get an idea.

Darcy you wouldn't have much of a clue that the girl got murdered. Not much more than she was killed and you know shes a really huge media superstar.

jessica walker

First Post
It seems like everybody else has kicked med. turquoise to the curb and is just using black for everything but dialogue (which is sea green. Is that ok? I find it completely readable and don't mind, but when we're in combat it could get to be a problem.

johndaw16

Explorer
It seems to me much of the stuff written, is written mostly as pretty trivial description of a characters action. It's not like wolfing down a flapjack in 3 seconds is an action you'd really need to announce in a real game either. I'd still like to see you guys all use the med. turquoise for actions, that will be important....like say I pull out my gun OR I jump onto the passing truck. These sorts of things are important and more than just flavor and description (i.e. they might get you or someone else killed) so they need to be treated differently. Hope that makes some sense.

IceHatchling

First Post
Are you saying we should avoid describing trivial actions? Or, that we should continue describing any actions we want to but reserve medium turquoise for combat-type actions?

johndaw16

Explorer
The level of detail is just fine for me. But yeah you should use that med. turquoise for actions that do matter beyond just a descriptive role. Maybe once I start posting an NPC this will become more clear, right now its all knida vague.

johndaw16

Explorer
BTW guys youre gonna have to bear with me. I'm a bit slow right now cause of drugs and my leg. I should pick up nicely in the next couple of days though.

johndaw16

Explorer
Ok guys I've rolled the first dice in the game. That seems like some sort of landmark to me. No worries though I haven't killed you yet and theres no craziness about to happen. These were both just skill checks that I made for you. I'm not letting you roll them for the sake of making it more believable letting you know to make the roll would probably let you infer things, and we just can't have that happening. Let me know what you think about it, oh and btw it was a Spot roll if you can't figure it out. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads