• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turing Point PbP OoC Thread

jessica walker

First Post
John:

Speaking of dice rolls, if we have any bonuses, could you let us know what they are? It would make sense that if we had a high spot bonus, as characters we would know, "I don't miss much." And if we had a really high sense motive, we would be more inclined to trust our gut feelings about someone, because in character we would know that we'd usually been right about people in the past. Just for example.

Then again, we might not have bonuses at all, knowing you. :)

jessica walker

First Post
As requested, Darcy and all:

Grandbanks Taulbee is a solid sort of guy, little bit of muscle, little bit of fat, and well under six foot. He's quite the white guy, with sun-streaked light brown hair, hazel eyes, and freckled skin that seems to host a perpetual sunburn on the cheeks. He wouldn't turn heads, and there's a shortage of women who would ask him out on a whim... but if, say, you woke up in bed with him after a night of black-out drinking, your first reaction might be, "Oh good. This one isn't embarrassing."

He's usually smiling.

You'll never see him in anything other than jeans, at Tshirt in the heat and a flannel shirt in the cold, and boots, because that's all he owns.

His movements, while dexterious, reflect the confidence and coordination of a construction worker or chef, rather than the grace of a dancer.

I haven't been able to find a picture, because photos of ordinary-looking males are pretty sparse on Deviantart. I'll try google.

IceHatchling

First Post
if we ever want to do a spot or listen or sense motive check, should we just be like "i look carefully/listen carefully/try to judge whether he's being honest" and assume you'll do an appropriate roll?

johndaw16

Explorer
Yeah that about sums it up I think. I'd say its pretty easy for me to determine when a check of some sort is needed. Remember Darcy I'm sorta learning how to run this whole thing, so I'll be experimenting with different things.

Rachel as for the bonuses you'll eventually have your whole character sheet available to you just as soon as I get off my butt and write them up. But seeing as that is such a tedious process I'll probably need some sort of motivation. *hint hint* (and all of you keep your minds out of the gutter I'm not talking about anything like that)

IceHatchling

First Post
johndaw16 said:
Just wait till we start to use spoiler blocks to plot one anothers gruesome murders, deaths and betrayals...won't that be fun.

if things get that rich, i am NOT going to be able to stop myself from clicking on other people's spoilers. just, no. plot to murder me and then email it to john or something.

jessica walker

First Post
Darcy makes a good point. Are we allowed to read spoiler blocks as long as we don't metagame, or are they off limits? I'm not going to read them regardless, because I prefer to be surprised.

johndaw16

Explorer
Yes Darcy does bring up a good point, and I'm inclined to say no. I don't like the idea of letting people read spoiler blocks that are meant to be private. They're meant to be semi-secure and hidden from anyone else so I want to keep it that way. Metagaming is hard to prevent, when you know whats happening, even if you don't want to metagame. So since the email notification is doing this I think I'm going to say that you should just use the email as a notification and then delete it after you've gotten it preferably without even looking in the body of the email. That way all temptation is avoided. Feel free to archive it in your trash bin on gmail or whatever, outta site outta mind right. Spoiler text is being used just like a note to the GM would be so lets keep its confidential as best we can.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads