• Keep post counts

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Remove post counts

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 7 19.4%

Psionicist

Explorer
I have encountered lots and lots of spamming lately so I'd personally like to see post counts turned OFF.

I won't mention any names here but isn't something wrong when there are threads about how someone got more posts than someone else, and when there are some 20 members who just answer threads like "LOL", ":D", or "I like that". I think we would get rid of that if the post counter was turned off.

Ultimately, remove the "Top 10 posters" too.

So, who's with me?

Holy Bovine

First Post
So you won't mention any names and then post a link mentioning names?

Or was that just to boost you post count? ;)

I posted that just as a joke - post counts are meaningless to me - I thought it was pretty obvious I was being sarcastic but maybe not.....

Holy Crap (;) ) I just looked at that thread again - 30 posts and over 500 views??!! That's nuts! Arrgh - I have been the host to SPAM
Unclean, unclean!!

Actually I see what i really did wrong - it should have gone to Meta in the first place - there to wallow in obscurity until it disappeared. ;)

Not that that would have been a bad thing.

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I like post counts. I hate spam. My opinion is starting to lean more towards avoiding spam, unfortunately. I'd strongly prefer people stop competing and act maturely, so we don't have to do something draconic like turn off the counts.

Remove ads