• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TURTLEDOME!: Battle Bone (DM: KenHood, Judge: Lord S.)

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=Whose Turn?]Your initiative block shows that it's Olivia's turn, but it must be Finnian's, right?

And I am no longer dazed? Free to take all my actions this turn?[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
ooc: am I dazed? I rolled twice last turn; one for the round I missed, and one for the action I was doing. The second one did 13. Just saying, if I have to kill everyone, I want to have all my actions :devil::devil::devil::devil:

weldon

Explorer
Emral, watch where you point that thing. You might hurt somebody if you're not careful.

Finnian whistles at Erlai and directs the hawk through the door. The hawk moves in past Olivia and takes up a position to the side of Olivia. Olivia takes a swipe at the hawk, and Finnian uses the distraction to move in to take a position on the other side of the woman.

The ranger brings his sword and dagger around to attack the magic-user.

Twin Strike: Broadsword: 25 vs AC, 5 damage / Dagger: 27 vs AC (Crit!), 4 damage
HQ Damage (1d8=5)

The blades hit home twice in rapid succession, but the ranger draws no blood as he turns the flat of the blade and strikes with the hilt of his dagger to try and subdue his quarry, rather than kill.

[sblock=Combat Actions]Move: Erlai moves to C8 (drawing an OA), Finnian moves to C10 (no second OA on the same turn, right?)
Minor: Hunter's Quarry
Standard: Twin Strike
HQ Damage (1d8=5)[/sblock]
[sblock=Finnian's Stats]Finnian - Half-Elf Ranger 1
Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 14 -- Low-Light Vision
AC 14, Fort 14, Reflex 13, Will 12
HP 26/26, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 8/8
Speed 6, Initiative +2
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Hunter's Quarry, Twin Strike, Nimble Strike
Encounter Powers: Wolf Pack Tactics, Synchronized Strike
Daily Powers: Partnered Savaging
[/sblock]

Last edited:

weldon

Explorer
[sblock=OA]Hmmm, I didn't consider that Emral is dominated until the end of *Olivia's* next turn. Bummer. In either case, each combatant only gets one OA during Finnian's turn (PHB p.290). It's a moot point however, because 11 and 13 don't hit either Finnian or Erlai.

It does however provide an opportunity for dialog ;)[/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
Emral cackles maniacally as he slashes away. Just trying to get my point across! Here's a tip for you, Finnian: the tip of my dagger, anyway! Hee-hee-hahahahaha!

weldon

Explorer
Finnian brushes aside Emral's dagger as he rushes past him and through the door to subdue the last remaining opponent.

Emral, will you knock it off already! We're trying to get this woman to surrender. Quit playing around with the knife and do something useful!

mohalloran

First Post
[sblock=Fire]I do not believe that you do attacks of opportunity against your allies, even when dominated. I believe dominated just means that the person can choose to make you perform one of your at will standard actions. I know that dominate doesn't give an enemy the opportunity to use any daily or encounter powers. I'm also pretty sure that you only take those AO, if and only if, you no longer want to consider Finnian and Erlai your allies.

And if that's the case, I hate to say, your low HP and the fact that you go after Vaunea, wouldn't probably mean that your life is about to end. ;)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads