TUW: The Outpost

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 260: Raven Elk's Return

... Raven Elk... has a huge smile on his face and begins to tell them of his discovery when he notices Taylar is missing. As he looks around he asks, "Hey! Where's Taylar?"
Vittero laughs and points over at peak 7. "He decided to experiment as well, but ended up in a different location. He is walking back. You seem as if you figured out how to make use of these symbols, or did you get lucky in returning?"
[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
Coins:
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 8: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Toxic Leaves: 1 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Leaves of Soothing: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
arrows: 24
Taylar: full health
Maka: full health
arrows: 26
Raven Elk: full health
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]

Waynan

Adventurer
Vittero laughs and points over at peak 7. "He decided to experiment as well, but ended up in a different location. He is walking back. You seem as if you figured out how to make use of these symbols, or did you get lucky in returning?"

Raven Elk laughs with bemusement. It didn't surprise him that Taylar would try to imitate his actions.

He considered each one of these men as brothers, but he always felt closest to boisterous, daring, gruff Taylar. It was probably because he was opposite to everything Raven Elk felt himself to be, and he liked the contrast of Taylar's personality to his.

He explains to the others, knowing he'll happily repeat it all to Taylar later:

"You see this swirled carving? I know upon quick rumination, you'll each recall that this one single carving is the only constant, the only repeated one on every porch. If you bend the Way within you, then the specific strand of Way line, you're need will reveal itself. Then, you trace the swirled pattern whilst concentrating on which porch you want to land, and...simply put, you move from porch to porch in that manner."

Raven Elk looks to each of his comrades making sure they understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar jogs up the steps to the porch and claps Raven Elk on the shoulder. "I see you figured out how to get back. At first I thought you used the symbols to fly, and that sounded like fun. The idea of disappearing and reappearing doesn't appeal to me, much. I would rather trust my feet until we have checked all of this place."

MacConnell

Day 260: Porch Gathering

Raven Elk laughs with bemusement... "You see this swirled carving? I know upon quick rumination, you'll each recall that this one single carving is the only constant, the only repeated one on every porch. If you bend the Way within you, then the specific strand of Way line, you're need will reveal itself. Then, you trace the swirled pattern whilst concentrating on which porch you want to land, and...simply put, you move from porch to porch in that manner."
Vittero cracks his knuckles. "Yea, that is about as clear as a mud hole, besides, I do not manipulate the Way lines within myself. I manipulate those out there," he gestures randomly, "those fluctuating between things based on their proximity, but you did solve a riddle for us. These symbols must be how the Yadhram came into the valley. I do not think they are limited to just these keeps, but there is no telling where else they might lead. It would probably best if we do not experiment more, at this time."

Taylar jogs up the steps to the porch and claps Raven Elk on the shoulder. "I see you figured out how to get back. At first I thought you used the symbols to fly, and that sounded like fun. The idea of disappearing and reappearing doesn't appeal to me, much. I would rather trust my feet until we have checked all of this place."
Vittero continues, "Speaking of that. I am not really interested in digging in a well used mine. What say you we head for the next keep?"
[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
The Way lines of the standing node pulse as Taylar pushes them, then rebound.

Taylar says, "I admit I stumbled through my attempt to, what word should I use . . . transport myself to the 7th keep porch, but did the rest of you feel anything when I moved from one place to another?"

I am not really interested in digging in a well used mine

Taylar replies, "I had hoped there would be rare stones here, or at least some advanced mining equipment, since they obviously didn't use a rail system to transport ore to the surface, but if your keen senses are telling us there is nothing here worth exploring then I will agree to move to the next keep."

MacConnell

Vittero and Taylar

Taylar replies, "I had hoped there would be rare stones here, or at least some advanced mining equipment, since they obviously didn't use a rail system to transport ore to the surface, but if your keen senses are telling us there is nothing here worth exploring then I will agree to move to the next keep."
Vittero frowns. "Ha Ha. I doubt my sensitivity extends anything beyond your own. I am being pragmatic. The absence of equipment confirms what I was taught as a child, concerning the Yahdram. My father said that they took the ability to manipulate Way lines as granted rather than gifted. Like the paranormal method of travel used to by them to get around and into this valley, I think that they would have performed similar feats to mine the ore. All of this is beyond any talent that any of us possess at this time, so I am merely guessing.

So far we have discovered one small living establishment, one mine, and collapsed structures. If the purpose of this community was to auger that mine, then I say we go back in it and delve for ourselves, but the mine was a bonus and the purpose was something else, we need to explore the other keeps to determine
."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi watches with fascination, and finds the whole affair extremely interesting. "I wanna give it a try!!!" He says enthusiastically. Not giving much thought to the mechanics of actually using the teleportation circle, or the possible consequences, he eagerly jumps into the middle of the circle, picks a symbol he recognizes and manipulates its way lines to see if he can make it work.

MacConnell

Day 260: Adisakti and Keep 5

Adi watches with fascination, and finds the whole affair extremely interesting. "I wanna give it a try!!!" He says enthusiastically. Not giving much thought to the mechanics of actually using the teleportation circle, or the possible consequences, he eagerly jumps into the middle of the circle, picks a symbol he recognizes and manipulates its way lines to see if he can make it work.
GM: Recognizing no symbols, specifically, though recalling that several of them have been repeated in each of previously observed circles, Adisakti, prone to impetuousness, decides to see what will happen if he manipulates some of the Way lines, anyway. Having more understanding than most of the others but less ability, Adi recognizes more rapidly than Raven Elk how he should bend the lines. Not knowing if a specific order or pattern is required, when he disappears in a wave of fluctuations, he appears, a bit disoriented, on the porch of Keep 5.

Vittero happens to notice Adisakti's location, first. "We can always come back and go through the mine, but I think that we ought to at least give the other keeps a cursory look before we delve into mining. Look! It seems Adi has managed to land on the next keep. I think I will walk."

As Vittero and any others who decide to ar moving over, Adisakti notices that it is oddly quiet and calm on this porch. He realizes, suddenly, what has piqued his attention. There are no chirping sounds of insects or birds, which is normally a constant in any proximity. After looking around for a minute, he notices that southern edge of the porch, the one toward his on coming friends, is a straight cliff to quite a distant bottom. On some odd shrubbery growing directly out of the cliff face, Adi sees the most peculiar songbirds. The birds begin to sing, when noticed. When Adi moves back at the approach of Vittero, the birds stop.
bird.jpg
[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar walks over, still perplexed by the travel method of the symbols, and scoops up a stone on the way. When the group is resettled on the porch of Keep 5 Taylar says, "We have been impressed by the power of the Yahdram to transport people and objects from one space to another, but this question still haunts me, where do we go between here and there?" To demonstrate he tosses the stone from one hand to the other. "And what happens if we go only halfway?" He grips the stone in his hand with one half hanging out, and the other enclosed in his fist.

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk claps Taylar on the shoulders: "Let's go catch up with our friend."

All the while, Raven Elk wants to query Adisakti on how he managed the transfer with such aplomb. Adi was always more attuned to the "other". He wanted to understand what was so easy for him in the hopes of being more attuned to Way himself.

Remove ads