• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin goes for his head again. He attempts to take the lizards head off, trying carefully to not damage the hide. As he swings, he thinks to himself "perhaps after this it is time to learn about manipulating the Way."

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 96: Continuing Combat, Part 4

Vadin goes for his head again. He attempts to take the lizards head off, trying carefully to not damage the hide. As he swings, he thinks to himself "perhaps after this it is time to learn about manipulating the Way."
OOC: Reaction: 153 - 60 = 93.

At the instant the lizard launches itself at Tor, Vadin swings again with his sword, hoping there might be a vulnerable area on the neck close to the jaw.
GM:
OOC:
Vadin: 37 + 56 + 47 + 75 = 215
Lizard: 27 + 58 = 85
Damage: 215 - 85 = 130% * 30 = 39 - 21 (soak) = 18
Body: 7 - 18 = -11: incapacitated
Mind: 10 - 11 = -1: unconscious
Essence: 10 - 1 = 9: alive

Evidently there is a vulnerable spot near the jaw. Vadin's quick swing slides through the hardened, scaled hide cutting a vital artery. The lizards eyes cloud instantly as its life slides into oblivion.

All others in the party halt their actions. Sannit, Saemund, and Turtle arrive just after the blow succeeds. Turtle pokes the lizard with a paw to make sure.

GM: Tor, Sannit, and Indigo did receive any real damage from being hit. Addled a bit, their senses return within a few minutes.

OOC: Experience Earned:
Combat: 2: all characters and companions
Innovative Ideas: 1: all characters and companions
Role Play:
  • Tor: 2
  • Merin: 3
  • Myth: 2
  • Sannit: 4
  • Bolo: 3
  • Turtle: 3
  • Saemund: 2
  • Vadin: 5

OOC: Saemund used this plus 4 saved points to increase Strength to 10 which conveys 1 point in Might.

Vadin used all 8 points to raise Collegiate to 4, Fortitude to 2, and Flexibility to 3.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit grins as he leans on his spear and looks down at their fresh kills. "Now comes the hard part, skinning these beasts and getting the hides ready to travel. I wonder if the Maldrog will be as impressed with these hides as the people from Southroad Fair. Of course I will embellish the fight a bit, just to make it more dramatic." He winks at Bolo and adds, "All part of being the Minister of Diplomacy."

Bolo scowls and punches Sannit in the arm. "Every time you use that title, you're getting a punch," she says with a pleasant smile. Sannit rubs his arm and remains quiet.

Turtle sniffs the dead lizards, wrinkles his nose, and wonders where that ram went.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 96: Spoils of War

Sheldon checks on Indigo to make sure she is okay, then retrieves his carving knife from the pack animals. Indigo unburdens the animals knowing that it will take some time to prepare the two skins.

"Now comes the hard part, skinning these beasts and getting the hides ready to travel. I wonder if the Maldrog will be as impressed with these hides as the people from Southroad Fair. Of course I will embellish the fight a bit, just to make it more dramatic." He winks at Bolo and adds, "All part of being the Minister of Diplomacy."
Sheldon -
"Hey Merin. You start on that one. I'll start on this one. It will probably take a couple of days to get this all cleaned.

Oh, hey Minister of Diplomancy, you are forgetting one small detail... None of us speak Maldrog
."

Indigo laughs. The rich, warm sound seems alien to such a small female, then she sticks her tongue out at Sheldon.
"With the way you two carry on, I am sure the Mhytres will be entertained even if they do not understand a single word."

GM: As Merin begins to carve on the front lizard, he notices that its claws have a particular augmentation to his proclivity of manipulating way. He explains the sensitivity to Vadin, giving him some time to examine them for himself. Vadin's sensitivity is much less, but he notices that he feels slightly stronger and faster while holding a claw.

OOC: New Collections:
20 Lizard Claws

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit nods at Indigo. "It's all about leaving a good impression." If his help is not needed with the lizards he will search for metals and minerals.

Bolo, Turtle, and whoever else wants to help will scout the area, keeping an eye out for threats.

MacConnell

Day 96: Opening Discussion

Before Sannit moves off to look for metals and Bolo with Turtle to scout the area, Sheldon opens a discussion with the party.

"I foresee a particular problem might arise with the skins we have collected, including these we are now preparing. We have no idea of exactly where we are going or how long we will need to find the Maldrog encampment. We have 3 large deer skins and, now, these two lizard ones. We also do not know what skill if any the Maldrog have with leather.

We dry the skins well, but without true curing, they will not last for weeks. I would hate to lose the use of these. I propose we return to Southroad Fair to deposit these then return to our search.

What say you
?"

MacConnell

Technical Post

GM: I have been working on the Community Page to try to keep the available information one category ahead of the level of development of the characters. I have been editing the Character Development Data Conversation to expand the charts and provide definitions of various terms.

At this point Sannit and Saemund seem to both be progressing toward Strength based combat oriented characters. They need to primarily focus on Strength and Combat, secondarily on Knowledge and Collegiate.

Indigo and Vadin seem to both be progressing toward precision combat. They need to primarily focus on Motility and Commercial, secondarily Knowledge and Collegiate.

Tor is a shield using Strength fighter. He needs to primarily focus on Strength and Commercial, secondarily Motility and Combat.

Bolo is splitting focus between archery and druidic skills. She needs to primarily focus on Cohesion and Commercial, secondarily on Motility and Collegiate.

Merin still shows no specific direction but some tendency toward focal manipulation. He should primarily focus on Knowledge and Collegiate, secondarily Confluence and Commercial.

In order to cause elemental damage by manipulating way, a character needs a high Confluence and Will. To control the mind of an opponent by manipulating way, whether on a person or an animal, a character needs a high Persona and Cohesion.

OOC: I can continue, as GM, to apply XP for Saemund and Vadin to maximize their chosen development or simply answer questions if the players feel more comfortable with trying to use the system on their own.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor agrees with Sheldon, as does Merin.

Tor says, "Lizards of this size are rare, and neglecting to take proper care of the skins would be wasteful, and tantamount to recklessness. We should go back."

Merin nods in agreement, but does not speak. He seems lost in thought.

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin still amazed by the claw, thinks it would be awful to let this loot go to waste, says, "I agree, let's go back."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit rubs his beard while he considers the prospect. "I suppose Southroad Fair can wait a little while longer for their smith. We can go back, drop the skins off, and place an order with Raven. I wouldn't like to make it a habit of turning around and running home every time we find something though."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads