• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TUW: Welcome to the Jungle

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 228: Making Use of Down Time

As she moves through the jungle Bolo practices moving silently through the foliage. She says to Indigo, "I wonder if I could mash these toxic leaves into a paste or render out the poison to coat our arrows. It might be useful to utilize these at range."
Indigo replies, "I am sure that you can. I am also willing to deduce that like the medicinal herbs that can be used to augment our ability to enhance natural healing, that the toxic herbs could be used to augment or ability to alter the mind or body of our enemies."
OOC: Herbalism:
Effectiveness:
  • Konokoro (Divination Task) +
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial
Time = 1 week * complexity / (Effectiveness + d100)
This active task is applied to identifying usable plants, whether medicinal or edible or toxic. Also, this task refers to the nominal use of herbs to make decoctions, pastes, and tinctures. The result of the effectiveness of this task is determined by the rarity of the plant as translated by the GM.

GM: If Bolo wishes to manufacture a nominal substance from the herbs, a specific statement for such should be made in a post.

Kwargrow said:
After Sannit is healed he will lead a search for minerals and metals. He says, "I sometimes wonder if we can find a unknown or rare mineral hiding right under our feet."
Sheldon responds, "I would like to join you as soon as I am able. This injury is taking for ever to heal and it hurts. Indigo, have you found any herbs that can be applied to speed this?"

Indigo replies, "Yes. I completely forgot: I was so worried about everyone's injuries. I have 1 measure of Mending Leaves."
[sblock=Render Aid]Vadin: 64(mend) + 32(RA) = 96
Indigo: 61(mend) x 2 + 35(RA) = 157
Bolo: 73(mend) + 34(RA) = 107
Sheldon: 82(mend)
Merin: 72(mend)
Tor: 56(mend)
Sannit: 64(mend) + 33(RA) = 97
Leaves: Mend x 2[/sblock]
OOC: Time: 10 days*Loss/(Target Health + Target Confluence + Effectiveness + d100)Sheldon: 10 days * 19 / (10 + 12 + 82 + 157 + 107 + 97 + 96 + 97 ) = 6 hours, 56 minutes
3 hours, 39 minutes before movement is possible

Later, as Sannit and Sheldon search for usable minerals, Sheldon says, "We should look for beetles while we are here, too. I figure any extra stuff like this we can find not only brings use wealth but also increases trade for Southroad Fair."
[sblock=Mining]Effectiveness:
  • Mind + Knowledge +
  • Commercial + Mercantile
This active task is applied to the search for usable metal or stone.
Sannit: 33(konokoro) + 33(mining) = 66
Sheldon: 39(konokoro) + 35(mining) = 74
Total: 66 + 74 + 61(d100) = 201[/sblock]
OOC: New Collections:
  • Tin Ingot (1)
  • Heartstone (1)
  • Livestone (1)
  • Aluminum Rock (1) = 9 ingots
  • Chromium Ingot (1)

[sblock=Character Data]
Vadin: hurt, Body loss = 3
current recovery time = 1 hour, 23 minutes
acrylon kilt damaged: 27/30
Saemund: injured, Body loss = 9
current recovery time = 4 hours, 29 minutes
armored hauberk damaged: 54/60
snakeskin tunic damaged: 57/60
acrylon hauberk damaged: 57/60
hoghide shendyt damaged: 26/30
acrylon shendyt damaged: 27/30
Katalian female: dead.
Merin: incapacitated, Body loss = 11
current recovery time = 4 hours, 33 minutes
snakeskin surcoat damaged: 77/80
silk tunic damaged: 59/60
Katalian female: dead
Sannit: injured, Body loss = 8.
current recovery time = 3 hours, 45 minutes
spaulders damaged: 12/20
armored deerskin tunic damaged: 55/60
acrylon hauberk damaged: 57/60
Katalian male: dead
Sheldon: incapacitated, Body loss = 19
current recovery time = 6 hours, 56 minutes
lizardskin tunic damaged: 55/60
silk tunic damaged: 59/60
acrylon kilt damaged: 27/30
Indigo: full health
Tor: incapacitated, Body loss = 15
current recovery time = 6 hours, 22 minutes
crocodilian surcoat: 62/70
acrylon tunic damaged: 57/60
Katalian male: dead[/sblock]

Last edited:

MacConnell

With the increase in activity as everyone who was injured begins to fully recover, Sheldon exclaims,
"No one searched the bodies? These people, well monsters of people, are completely nomadic. If they have anything of use, it will be carried."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The whole time that Tor is recovering, he complains about not being able to get up, move around, and get things done; as soon as he is able to move around, he will start helping Sannit look for minerals and metallic ore. Merin points out that minerals are often plentiful at the bottons of riverbeds, and when he is finally able to move, he says, “While you guys look for treasure in the ground, I am going to check the pockets and pouches of our departed friends, here.”

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sheldon exclaims, "No one searched the bodies?

OOC:
San-Bolo make no objections to putting down the Katalians. After helping to make camp, search the area,
previous post. Do we have to state we are searching the corpses and the area around them? I intended this post to be an all inclusive search since we had hours to spend.

Sannit says to the group, "What if we encounter guards set to protect the workers? We can spell them with Way illusions but we should decide what we are going to do first."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 228: Searching the Bodies

OOC: Do we have to state we are searching the corpses and the area around them? I intended this post to be an all inclusive search since we had hours to spend.
GM: Yes. To satisfy the data that I generate on each encounter, searching bodies should always be considered separately from searching a camp, and each of those separate from searching the surrounding area.

Merin... says, “While you guys look for treasure in the ground, I am going to check the pockets and pouches of our departed friends, here.”
GM: The Katalians, both male and female are clothed in only a loincloth, bracers, and greaves. They are bare footed and bare chested. There are no pouches or pockets but each is adorned with a variety of trinkets and talismans. The bodies are also heavily tattooed but the marks appear to be personal rather than meaningful.

OOC: New Collections:
Feather Talismans: 8
Stone Trinkets: 2
Tiny Animal Skulls: 4
Fang Talismans: 3

Sannit says to the group,
Kwargrow said:
"What if we encounter guards set to protect the workers? We can spell them with Way illusions, but we should decide what we are going to do first."
Sheldon nods at the thought, running his left hand through his hair and pulling it back from his face.
"I think we still have a long way to travel so we should have plenty of time to plan this. I doubt elite guards will be sent this far from Asylim. I do not foresee any difficulty in being able to fool regular soldiers. My odd thought at this point is whether or not it will be needed. We definitely do not want to scare any potential worker we are hoping to recruit. We may even be able to draw soldiers away as well."

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sheldon said:
"...We may even be able to draw soldiers away as well."

Merin nods. "An excellent point, my friend. We have already seen this behavior from other soldiers, whom seemed less-than-satisfied with their standing orders, and the scope of their assigned duties. There is much political and social turmoil in Asylim. We should take advantage of it."

Merin will examine the animal skulls, trying to ascertain proclivities.

MacConnell

Days 229 - 236: Moving Southward

Day 229:
Having recovered from all injuries sufficiently, the party continues on its journey in good spirits. The horses are content as there is plenty of edible foliage for them and the natural wetness of the jungle creates many little trickles and rivulets carrying the water downslope. The jungle is teeming with wildlife and common insects, birds, reptiles, and spiders are frequent.

It does not rain this day and the jungle is considerably hot. The party encounters edible sized varmints, a small pod of tapirs, and a clutch of yellow beetles.

Day 230:
The canopy of the jungle thickens and the crew is forced to dismount and walk, allowing the animals to walk on their own. It rains early in the day but the temperature is still hot. The party encounters edible sized varmints, a clutch of reddish beetles, and a nest of brown spiders.

Day 231:
Travel is still forced to a walk rather than a ride. It does not rain this day, and it is still hot. The party encounters a clutch of brown beetles, a clutch of yellow beetles, and a covey of flightless birds.

Day 232:
It seems that travel will remain at a walk for some time and it will always be hot. It does not rain this day. The party encounters a covey of flightless birds, a small pod of tapirs, and a nest of brown spiders.

Day 233:
The party encounters two different clutches of brown beetles and a covey of large flightless birds.

Day 234:
The party encounters a small pod of tapirs, a nest of yellow spiders, and a jaguar.

Day 235:
The party encounters a clutch of orange beetles, a clutch of purple beetles, and a small pod of tapirs. During the week's travel no signs of people or any strange anomalies are seen.

OOC: State any specific activities pursued while travelling or in relation to the simple encounters. Remember to include % numbers for any tasks.

MacConnell

Day 228: Merin Examines a Small Part of His Find

Merin will examine the animal skulls, trying to ascertain proclivities.
[sblock=Alchemy]Effectiveness:
  • Mind + Knowledge ++
  • Commercial + Mercantile
    Time = 1 week * complexity / (Effectiveness + d100)
    This active task is applied to the identification of various bones, feathers, and hair to determine any medicinal or mystical use. The result of the effectiveness of this task is determined by the rarity of the mineral as translated by the GM.
    Merin: 33(konokoro) + 31(alchemy) + 98(d100 + 54(luck) = 216
    Time: 3 weeks / 216 = 2 hours, 20 minutes[/sblock]
    GM: With a bit of luck, it takes Merin just over 2 hours to determine that the unfamiliar skulls all belonged to minks and offer the bearer an augmentation to inherent identity. Also they may be used to enhance the restoration of identity or the application of pandemonium. If used to perform such during the active manipulation of Mystic Way, the skull will be destroyed.

OOC:
    Mink SkullAugment AdhesionPandemonium x2Identity x2

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin will keep one of the Mink skulls, adding it to his hair band. He will distribute the other 3 to the rest of the party members, unless no one wants them. If no one else has proclivity with them / wants them, he will keep the other three in his belt pouch, for use as augmentation for Way Manipulation.

When the Jaguar is encountered, Merin asks Indigo if perhaps she shouldn't try to befriend it?

Tor nods in agreement; he also thinks that befriending the Jaguar is a good idea.

Tor will help prepare any Tapirs or other animals that the party ends up killing for food.

Merin will look for stones and minerals as the party travels.

Both Merin and Tor will stay alert (Observation) during the party's travels.

Merin will help forage when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

redraider629

Explorer
As they are traveling Vadin becomes more and more uncomfortable. He never has liked heat too much. Vadin says to Merin, "you seem to be good at burning foes, would you be able to cool someone off, perhaps me?" He gives a little chuckle to himself. The thought of him being cooled off pleases him.

When they are stopped Vadin will go hunting for animals around them, by identifying tracks and following them. While hunting he will attempt to better his ability to move quietly about his surroundings.

Last edited:

Remove ads