TWD:S5-What Happened and What’s Going On [spoilers]

TWD:S5-What Happened and What’s Going On [spoilers]

What a way to come back....I kind of figure that Noah's home wasn't going to happen..Michonne's right about being out there for too long. I do wonder what exactly happened to the wall..it looked like they got attacked. As for Tyreese...wow...interesting on who they brought back to represent the differing sides of his psyche as he laid there dying.

At least they now have a goal...getting to Washington to see what's there, and hey they finally got out of Georgia.

Janx

Hero
Just watched it last night.

Noah basically got Tyreese killed. Good job.

The mass of hacked bodies at that place was wierd. Why was there a truck full of half-bodies? Something wierd was going on.

Just watched it last night.

Noah basically got Tyreese killed. Good job.

The mass of hacked bodies at that place was wierd. Why was there a truck full of half-bodies? Something wierd was going on.

What really killed Tyreese was the existence of Daryl :p Here's what Chad Coleman had to say on the matter:

The reason why I’m not alive is everyone circles around Rick. My ideology and philosophy doesn't fit. So I wouldn't stay, anyway. I would have to tell my sister, if you feel like this is the way to do things, then I’m just going to go off on my own and find some like-minded people. But they weren't going to go that route, because the show is focused on Rick. [Aside from that,] the creation of Daryl, more than anything else, is probably the reason why I’m not on the show. I was [Rick’s] right-hand man [in the comics].

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Yeah, the truck full of bodies with their arms and legs cut off was kinda weird. That totally threw me off more than anything else in the episode.

While it sucks that Tyreese died, I was never that big of a fan of him, so I don't really mind so much. As someone who hasn't read the comics, I wonder how he was in them, especially since he apparently was Ricks' right hand man in the comics.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Tyreese died because he got sloppy, he turned his back to a doorway. It is disappointing that they killed him off.

At least they are out of Atlanta and moving good to by the sound of it.

I also want to know what about the guy that found their map back at the church?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think it was a well-done episode. Tyrese got sloppy because he was distracted - the general morality of the situation was eating at him. Pun intended, as the metaphor matters.

However, that leads us to a bigger issue. The show is going all Battlestar Galactica - so grim and dark and lacking in hope that it is very difficult to see why the characters don't just end it all. Moreover, it starts to make the show unpleasant to watch. They are having the characters outright say that this is a problem, so I am hoping they have a solution coming soon.

Janx

Hero
However, that leads us to a bigger issue. The show is going all Battlestar Galactica - so grim and dark and lacking in hope that it is very difficult to see why the characters don't just end it all. Moreover, it starts to make the show unpleasant to watch. They are having the characters outright say that this is a problem, so I am hoping they have a solution coming soon.

Wasn't that the point of Les Miserable?

Look down, look down, there's zombies at your feet

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Wasn't that the point of Les Miserable?

Look down, look down, there's zombies at your feet

Ah, but you see, there are successes along the way for the protagonists in Les Mis. The folks on TWD arguably haven't had much of a success since... the flu hit the prison? The only upbeat note they've really had is getting back together - otherwise, life's basically been a storm of crap.

Janx

Hero
Ah, but you see, there are successes along the way for the protagonists in Les Mis. The folks on TWD arguably haven't had much of a success since... the flu hit the prison? The only upbeat note they've really had is getting back together - otherwise, life's basically been a storm of crap.

That's just Hugo's sloppy optimism creeping into his definitive work on depressing literature :)

I do agree these people never catch a break.

I guess the thing is this. They're on season 5. they've made it this far. I can have Hope that they'll make it to a non TPK ending. Or I can abandon Hope and just assume that it only gets worse for these people.

Remove ads