• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TWF build

Orchard

First Post
I'm looking for feat help for a TWF human fighter leveled in the mid teens
I'm looking to pick up the standard fighter only feats (WF, impWF, WS, ImpWS, ImpCrit) and hopefully weild to bastard swords effectively. the main trouble is im not sure of is, I know will be able to smash at anything that stays still but, defense in a TWF build (no shield) and dealing with anything that involves moving (thus taking the point out of TWFing).

My stats are 17.16.16.14.13.10 (yay good rolls)

Any help with feat selections for those 12-18 levels (DM hasn't specified yet) i could have would be nice, i have most of the complete series bar divine and the core books available to me.

Orchard

Question

First Post
Why take exotic weapon proficiency for bastard sword, just so you can wield it one handed? The damage difference on average is 1. You would also need to take oversized 2WF. Hardly worth it. But i think its too late.

Dont take improved crit either, keen is a +1 price mod. I believe theres a feat that lets you attack once with each weapon as a standard action, and you could look into the spring attack chain......

Dross

Explorer
For feats try:
Two weapon defense (or similar name) from I think the CW
Oversize 2 weopon fighting from CAdv to allow to use a medium sized bastard sword
Greater Two weapon fighting from CW? to allow extra attacks from your off-hand (but check the dex requirements)

Try some of the tactical feats that CW has (I think there was one for wielding two swords).

You could take the defending property on one of your weapons.

As for the movement problem, everyone suffers from that time to time. I think that there is a feat in CW or CAdv that allows you to stop someone moving (not a trip) through squares that you threaten, although it could be somewhere else. :\

PHBII hadsome feats: Greater WF, Greater WS and others that you may be allowed to use.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I think Improved Crit is a good idea, since weapon improvements start to get pricey once you get a bunch of plusses... and then you get it for two weapons? Ouch.

Anyway, better than Two Weapon Defense, I think, is Improved Buckler Defense from Complete Warrior. It lets you use a shield (buckler) while TWFing, so you can use money instead of a feat chain to get a shield bonus. It's easier to improve a shield than take a feat, in my opinion.

You might also want to look into the Exotic Weapon Master prestige class, if you're going with Bastard Swords.

Vraister

First Post
If you are not set on two bastard swords and for the mobility thing have a look at the Tempest (Spring Attack with two attacks) and the Dervish (move and full attack) prestige classes.

Vraister

Orchard

First Post
I'm set on the 2 bastard swords, I like the theme of beating things into the ground with 2 big sword as a fun character (not normally my play style).

Oversized TWF and Dual strike from CAdv and the Imp Buckler defense seem to cover what i want on the most part, i'll also look in to the defending ability thanks alot.

Orchard

Remove ads