• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TWF with Speed weapons

Arrowhawk

First Post
If you have Flaming on a weapon, it affects only that weapon. Likewise, if you have Speed on a weapon it affects only that weapon. The fact that it says it doesn't benefit from similar effects such as Haste is basically there to prevent getting lots of extra attacks on that weapon.

The supposed RAW answer of two Speed weapons not allowing the extra attack with each one is BS. Even if it's intended to work such that multiple weapons with the enchantment only grant one extra attack total, it'd be a slap to the face for TWF (and your coffers!)

yup. I have to agree with this. It is illogical to think a Speed weapon in each hand would invoke any stacking consideration. The weapon isn't casting a "Speed" spell on the wielder so I see no reason to disallow an extra attack with each weapon.

TheEvil

Explorer
Thanks for the input everyone. I do have to say I am rather suprised that there was never any official clarification on this one, but it does sound like the majority opinion that an extra attack per weapon should be allowed, esp. given the cost.

Remove ads