Two Movies: Free Guy and The King's Man

I was waiting for Free Guy in the USA, which I thought was not released yet?
i caught it at the theater when it was released and bought the 4k. It works on so many levels, all of the take thats at the gaming industry as a whole, player behavior etc, while I didn't get the streamer cameos due to not watching any of them, I did notice all the other video game shout outs Fortnite etc.

These are straight to stream movies for me.
That's how I feel about the Last Duel

I did watch Free Guy when it first came out, and enjoyed it a lot. The only unrealistic part is that it's a gameworld in which people supposedly have more fun shooting random NPCs than each other, which quite simply doesn't ring true - if PvP is available, people tend to have a lot more fun ruining someone else's day if they know that someone is an actual person.
Actually, it varies by game and gaming community. Some griefing does happen but the majority like 98% of all of my online interactions with games that have a PvP element it doesn't happen. Unless you're doing an intentional PvP activity.

It also seemed to me that the game gave more rewards for doing "missions" than PvP.

Randomthoughts

Adventurer
I watched Free Guy on a plane as well and surprisingly enjoyed it. It’s not a movie I’d go out and see but it’s good as a streaming movie.
Haven’t seen Kings Man yet but will, out of completeness. Pity about the reviews but I’m not surprised. The trailers didn’t intrigue me at all tho the cast seemed solid.

Ryujin

Legend
I did think that the duel was well done. Though, I dont know anything about suits of armor.
Here's the best example. This is an obvious Hollywood move to make the character recognizable, while leaving him completely open to a rather messy death.

Attachments

• trailer-for-ridley-scotts-medieval-drama-the-last-duel-matt-damon-and-adam-driver-duel-to-the-...jpg
    trailer-for-ridley-scotts-medieval-drama-the-last-duel-matt-damon-and-adam-driver-duel-to-the-...jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 62

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Here's the best example. This is an obvious Hollywood move to make the character recognizable, while leaving him completely open to a rather messy death.
Oh yeah, I was definitely asking WTF during that? I mean, maybe it gives the rider more visibility? Though, all I see is a nice wedge point for his face and the other riders lance point.

Ryujin

Legend
Oh yeah, I was definitely asking WTF during that? I mean, maybe it gives the rider more visibility? Though, all I see is a nice wedge point for his face and the other riders lance point.
Oh, for the days when everything "Medieval" wasn't black, grey, or brown and directors knew that you could recognize the characters by their livery.

Remove ads