Two PRIMEVAL THULE Previews In One Day? Check Out The Beastman!

If the table of contents wasn't enough, here's a look at Primeval Thule's Beastman - well, two pages of it. You'll notice that the stat blocks aren't in the same format as WotC's (that's the case with most third party 5E products). (thanks again to Fabrício for the scoop)

If the table of contents wasn't enough, here's a look at Primeval Thule's Beastman - well, two pages of it. You'll notice that the stat blocks aren't in the same format as WotC's (that's the case with most third party 5E products). (thanks again to Fabrício for the scoop)

beastman_page1.jpg

beastman_page2.jpg

Mark Kernow

Explorer
These are pretty close to my homebrew versions using the Pathfinder and 13th Age stats as a base. The only real difference is the 'brutal bash'. My version of the Warchief had the goblin's bonus action to disengage. But I like this version too, looking forward to trying it out. My group had great fun with the Beastmen - the bolas and juju heads were highlights, making our encounters atmospheric and nasty!

nerfherder

Explorer
That was a very interesting explanation. Thanks for sharing Rich. I didn't bother with these names at first, but now given this explanation, I think you guys should take the time to review those monsters names across the book and see on a case-by-case basis if it makes sense to keep the warrior name. Since in 5e, mechanics wise, the name warrior doesn't mean anything, it should only be used when it fits the setting lore.

Thats just my two cents. I trust you guys will make the right judgement call.

That echoes my thoughts exactly :)

"Nerfherder" was part of my first email address in the 90's - unfortunately, some band then picked the same name and it's difficult to find it unused now when I create accounts :(

Agamon

Adventurer
On the other hand, as a previous backer, I'd rather the fluff stay exactly the same in all versions. If you start renaming things, it can get confusing.

Justin Mayhew

First Post
I was lucky enough to be the illustrator for the Beastman and Beastmen Attack scenes in Primeval Thule. I hope you guys like the art, and I want to give a shoutout to Rich Baker and the gang over at Sasquatch Game Studio!

Remove ads

Remove ads