D&D 5E Two-weapon fighting paladin

smbakeresq

Explorer
Actually as soon as I thought of the idea of a dual wielding Paladin that lost a hand so beats people with his iron covered stump I remembered the Deities and Demigods book image of Tyr.

image-123698-full.jpg

I am definitely going to build a Paladin that just punches people in the face with that. In the 1956 Moby Dick movie the captain of one of the whaling boats had his had replaced with a harpoon end I think.

Damage Now >>> Damage Later

Besides you are not just looking at making up for 2d8 damage but also for that bonus action attack you gave up. It's more like you have to make up for 2d8+1d6 and which will take 5 hits to break even. Best case scenario is that you make 5 regular attacks and 1 bonus action attack by the end of round 2 if you use it. You won't hit all 5 attacks in a row. Nearly impossible to do. So it will be at lest round 3 if not round 4 before you get 5 attacks to actually land.

That's a big difference.

As I said originally, you can't make that bonus action attack on the first round anyway, unless you take the Dual Wielder feat. You can draw one weapon for free on a turn without that feat.

So you're not even giving up damage now. You're adding damage to subsequent turns and not excluding any chances for Divine Smites on the first turn.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
As I said originally, you can't make that bonus action attack on the first round anyway, unless you take the Dual Wielder feat. You can draw one weapon for free on a turn without that feat.

So you're not even giving up damage now. You're adding damage to subsequent turns and not excluding any chances for Divine Smites on the first turn.

What’s so hard about keeping one sword in hand most all the time?

Remove ads