UA to Become Weekly! Pendleton Ward Helped On New AP!

WotC is currently at Gamehole Con, a convention in the US Midwest. According to a GameholeCon attendee at one of WotC's D&D panels, featuring Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, and Mike Mearls, Unearthed Arcana (Mike Mearl's monthly rules column) is going to become a weekly column. Not only that, Sage Advice will be pausing for a while while Jeremy Crawford joins Mearls on the UA columns. There will be a new Unearthed Arcana every Monday, with the next being three new barbarian options.

WotC is currently at Gamehole Con, a convention in the US Midwest. According to a GameholeCon attendee at one of WotC's D&D panels, featuring Jeremy Crawford, Chris Perkins, and Mike Mearls, Unearthed Arcana (Mike Mearl's monthly rules column) is going to become a weekly column. Not only that, Sage Advice will be pausing for a while while Jeremy Crawford joins Mearls on the UA columns. There will be a new Unearthed Arcana every Monday, with the next being three new barbarian options.

WotC's Chris Perkins also said that "The next D&D story is *not* based on Adventure Time. However, Pendleton Ward did help us create it." Ward is, of course, the creator of the US cartoon Adventure Time.

hora-de-aventuras.png

CwbuBdMXUAE8pKB.jpg

Photo courtesy of @BasementofDeath
SaveSave

Li Shenron

Legend
At this rate, we should see the UA book in two or three years.

I think we'll see the major expansion book in late 2017. After all, we've been getting 1 material book per year so far. They already have probably most of the topics from all previous UA articles, now it will be a matter of (1) increasing the amount of options (especially for psionics, which need plenty of "spells"), and (2) playtest and adjust for balance. The latter is clearly the reason for having a lot more UA articles to gather feedback.

Mike is looking kinda rough in that photo. At least they did not get him in the middle of a yawn or something but man.

Parenthood wears. Trust me.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Have you ever read any of those jerks letters?

I guarantee you Hamilton and Jefferson trolled eachother like Phili was 4chan. Guarantee.

And Like I said, Adams? Hyper troll. Like, superb linguistic skill, insults you don't get until hours later, the whole 9.

Not to mention, Franklin!

I mean, when he wasn't busy having orgies in Paris, obviously. Lol

Now imagine that these men were in the same room, with access to firearms, and it's a miracle the country ever got off the ground. :)

CapnZapp

Legend
the positive all seems to come from players who like being overpowered
No, from players who like their pets to act like creatures, not remote controlled stupid automatons.

If you care so much more about avoiding overpoweredness, there is always the :):):):):):) Beastmaster ranger in the PHB.

So why don't you use that and let the rest of us play with the new one, the one that is actually any fun, okay?

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
No, from players who like their pets to act like creatures, not remote controlled stupid automatons.

If you care so much more about avoiding overpoweredness, there is always the :):):):):):) Beastmaster ranger in the PHB.

So why don't you use that and let the rest of us play with the new one, the one that is actually any fun, okay?
How incredibly passive-aggressive. Nobody is stopping you from doing anything in your game. But if you like dominating the game with obviously overpowered classes, then I would suggest that maybe it's not exactly conducive to fun play for everyone else at the table.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
Feel free to skip any episode that you find doesn't excite you, and hang on for at least a season. It is, in my never humble opinion, one of the best television programs that has ever been made.

When the the show starts digging into the past, origins of certain characters, emotional growth of Fin and Jake, etc, it's just excellent storytelling. And it's probably not what you think it is. Like, whatever conception you have is probably at least incomplete, even if you've a positive conception of the show. It's not just another Saturday morning cartoon.

I have always yearned for a D&D cartoon since the 80's; AT is probably the closest thing out there. I wonder if the 'Labyrinth' book that is for pre-order on amazon is the selfsame book reference here? The Dungeon Train is one of my faves, it really shows both the good and the bad, (its actually a curse) of dungeoneering.

Regarding UA, this is the best news yet, I look forward to these every month, (Ive downloaded them all, may even self-publish them for my library) and now that they are weekly even better. I do wonder if they will be publishing some of the more needed rules, such as psionic and new character class options, (ranger)? Hope that is the case. I could see a big shiny book titled, "Dungeons & Dragons: Unearthed Arcana."

Uchawi

First Post
The adventure time association is for spotlight appeal, if you like adventure time. The real question, is regardless of what celebrity is added to the mix for name recognition, will it be something new and refreshing. As to a UA article every week, I am surprised. From a WOTC perspective it is like old 3E where you just drop a bunch of options to appease the feeding frenzy for more content. If you just look at the ranger, it is taking a long time to fine tune it. As a personal preference, I would prefer more fighter options and expanding upon maneuvers.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Now imagine that these men were in the same room, with access to firearms, and it's a miracle the country ever got off the ground. :)

Luckily they were all really, really smart, and most of them were extremely driven. And Washington, for all his egregious faults, was a damn good leader.

And they really were very, very lucky.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Luckily they were all really, really smart, and most of them were extremely driven. And Washington, for all his egregious faults, was a damn good leader.

And they really were very, very lucky.
Yep, the success of the American Revolution - proof of Time Travelling Agents. ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads